VPI install error in NX

Hi,

I follow this page for installation on my jetson NX (version: 4.6-b199, from sudo apt-cache show nvidia-jetpack)
VPI - Vision Programming Interface: Installation (nvidia.com)
The installation is ok until this line, and, the sample does not work… may I know if there is any solution? Thx

Hi,

These are two different issues.

First, the vpi1-cross-aarch64-l4t is a cross-compiling package for the x86 host.
For Jetson, please install it with sudo apt install nvidia-vpi.

Next, which Jetson device do you use?
Please note that the dense optical flow feature is only available on the Xavier.
Do you meet the VPI error on a Xavier device?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have used SDK manager to install the OS and all component to my Nvidia Xavier NX (with 64Gb SD card). It took several hours…
Same error.
May I know to proper way to install and run the optical flow? I can redo everything if necessary.
I used VisionWork last week and it does not support HD, and then, this VPI optical flow… very tired…

Thx

Hi,

It seems optical flow can only be run in AGX… I have ordered a AGX two months, but I need to wait for 4 more months…
Is it the dead end? Thx

Hi,

Please note that VPI is installed successfully.
The error is because that the dense optical flow feature is only available on Xavier.

Thanks.

Thx. I am using VisionWork Optical flow now.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.