Warning about EXT_QP_MAX_RETRY_LIMIT/EXT_QP_MAX_RETRY_PERIOD in sys log on ConnectX-3

Hi all.

I am using ConnectX-3 Pro card on Windows Server Essentials 2016.

Every boot I got this warning in sys log:

Native_33_0_0: EXT_QP_MAX_RETRY_LIMIT/EXT_QP_MAX_RETRY_PERIOD registry keys were requested by user but FW does not support this feature. Please upgrade your firmware to support it.

For more details, please refer to WinOF User Manual.

it’s very strange things, because I have no EXT_QP_MAX_RETRY_LIMIT and EXT_QP_MAX_RETRY_PERIOD parameters in the registry, more of that, it’s WinOF**-2** related parameters, but my card using WinOF.

I searched everywhere and found nothing Is it normal behavior?

I have last drivers and firmware (see screenshot).

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your question on the Mellanox Community.

Based on the information provided, we cannot determine what the issue is you are experience.

Our recommendation is to reinstall with the latest WinOF driver as user Administrator. If the issue still appears after the re-install, collect a System-Snapshot from the node and open a Mellanox Support case.

The screenshot provided did not appear in the post.

You can download the latest driver through the following link → http://www.mellanox.com/downloads/WinOF/MLNX_VPI_WinOF-5_50_50000_All_Win2016_x64.exe http://www.mellanox.com/downloads/WinOF/MLNX_VPI_WinOF-5_50_50000_All_Win2016_x64.exe

Thanks and regards,

~Mellanox Technical Support

@Yair Ifergan

Our recommendation is to reinstall with the latest WinOF driver as user Administrator.

Did it several times with no result.

The screenshot provided did not appear in the post.

Screenshot and formatting was broken during community engine change. I’v fixed it.

If the issue still appears after the re-install, collect a System-Snapshot from the node and open a Mellanox Support case.

Thanks. I pressed (View Case) and than change it type. I can’t upload any files due to errors on Record Type form - no fields to fill.Snipaste_2018-12-04_11-33-33

I can’t live comments on case too: New comment → Invalid Page :(((( So, how to provide System-Snapshot?

P.s. Notification email of your response (Best Answer selected) have come to me only yesterday :(

Insertion of an images in my original post are broken (image - upload - insert - save - no image available in the post), in replays it works.