What are the dependecies and prerequisites to flash Jetson Xavier emmc from a host Machine?

Hi,

I want to flash Jetson NX emmc BSP to the customized board running on Nvidia Xavier NX from a host Ubuntu Linux Machine by putting module in recovery mode and use below command
$ sudo ./flash.sh jetson-nano-emmc mmcblk0p1

So here what are the tools, software or dependencies required in host machine?
Like python, Ubuntu machine > 18.4LST, enough memory what else I need?

I can’t give an exact answer, but something many people run into is not enough disk space. When building the image a file the entire size of the eMMC is created on the host PC, then a “sparse” version of that same file. You probably want your host PC to have a minimum of about 50GB of spare disk space.

Mostly an updated system has all the packages it needs, but these have sometimes shown up:

• libgconf-2-4
  • libcanberra-gtk-module
  • Python sometimes is needed due to having (I think) version 2 but not 3, or the other way around having version 3 but not 2.
  • If you are going to build a kernel and configure it, then you’ll need “libncurses5-dev”.

Hey thanks for that,
I have raised this query because one of my customers is facing below issues and I am not able to recreate the issue.
I am able to successfully flash the same BSP but my customer is having the issue in flashing to emmc. Here I have raised a query with detailed error messages:

can you please check this?

Hi,
Looks like above issues are related to folder name, there was a space in the file name and after renaming the folder without space, I was able to flash.

But, after this, an another problem arose with Nano

After flashing the BSP image and initial setup, Nano no longer boots.
NVIDIA logo appears, but the monitor screen turns black.
We are using customized BSP built on NVIDIA stock BSP on custom built board. For me booting has no issue, but my customer has issue in booting.

The above is rather interesting. Often argument counts are determined by a space character. I know that in the past there were issues with either (A) spaces in file paths (such as the home directory), or with (B) non-English character sets introducing white space, or © just a space somewhere normally unexpected. It is a big leap in imagination, but it is possible that if the user can create a host PC account without spaces and using the “en_US.UTF-8” character set, it could just “start working”. It might be a lot of work for no reason, but if this is the reason, then it will save a lot of time.

Unfortunately, the easiest way to do this is to change the default locale of the computer as a whole, and since this might mess up something in the original account I am not going to recommend doing that. Would your user happen to have a second computer which could be set up with en_US.UTF-8 locale?

Replied your topics. This one looks duplicated.