Which tty is Xavier-A UART port assigned on Xaveir-A Linux

Which tty is Xavier-A UART port assigned on DRIVE AGX Xaveir-A Linux?

I connected Xavier-A UART port (from vehicle harness connector) to My PC vith USB-uart cable, and checked if ttyS0-ttyS7 received data from the PC. But I couldn’t see any data on any ports.

Regards,
Watanabe

Dear watanabe-to,
Could you check https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/active/5.1.6.0L/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide/MCU%20Setup%20and%20Configuration/mcu_uart.html

Dear SivaRamaKrishna,

Thank you for your commnet.

Your linked page sounds as below,

sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2

• ttyUSB2 for Xavier A

• ttyUSB6 for Xavier B

• ttyUSB3 for AURIX

But I think it explains how we can see tty ports combined to debug USB port on ‘Host Linux PC’. I would like which tty is assigned for the UART conector below on ‘target Xavier-A Linux’.

https://developer.nvidia.com/DRIVE/secure/docs/DRIVE_Mech_Inst_Guide_DI-08957-001_v07.pdf Figure 3-3. 48-pin and 32-pin Cable Harnesses Page 12, “Xavier-A (UART, DB9)”

Dear watanabe-to,
Could you check conneting to /dev/ttyUSB2 to verify connection to Xavier A?

Dear SivaRamaKrishna,

I’d like to control the external device from Xavier A via UART port, would not like to connect Xavier A from the external PC. In my environemnt, /dev/ttyUSB2 doesn’t exist on Xavier A. I think it is created by udev on the host PC where we connect the debug USB cable. Did I make misunderstanding?

Dear watanabe-to,
Could you share the details about used tool, baudrate and use case?

Dear watanabe-to,
If in case you have connected the host and target using USB(on host side) to UART(on target side), Accessing host from target is not possible as USB here works on master-slave protocol. So you can access Target from host and vice versa is not possible.

Dear SivaRamaKrishna,

I would like to connect a GNSS module which has serial I/F to DRIVE AGX Xavier, and control it from DRIVE AGX Xavier. I think if we connect the GNSS module to Xavier-A (UART, DB9) connector of DRIVE AGX Xavier, we can control it from ttyXX of DRIVE AGX Xavier.
I’m NOT asking about the debugging or the frimware update of DRIVE AGX Xavier, but controlling the UART connected device from DRIVE AGX Xavier.

Dear watanabe-to,
Could you check on /dev/ttyS0 and see if you have any issues.

Hi SivaRamaKrishna,

I have a similar question.
Which tty is the device file of the connector labeled “IMU” on the vehicle harness ?
Which of Xavier A or B is it connected to?

Any updates?

Dear atsutaka,
The “IMU” UART on the harness connects to Xavier A’s UART2 port. I am checking internally on IMU port enumaration. Meanwhile, could you confirm if you see any difference in /dev/tty** list when connecting/disconnecting device via IMU port?

Dear astutaka,
Could you check /dev/ttyTSH1 port for IMU.

Dear SivaRamaKrishna,

I have confirmed some output from the connector through /dev/ttyTSH1.
Thanks!

Dear SivaRamaKrishna, atsutaka

Now I understand Xavier A connector (UART) is /dev/ttyS0 in Xavier A Linux, but Xavier A Linux shell is assigned to it. We should use IMU connector (UART), /dev/ttyTSH1 on Xavier A Linux to communicate the external device.
Thank you for your comments.