Why can't CUDA install into VS2008 without problems?

I’ve had Visual Studio 2008 plus SP1 installed for awhile. It builds and runs a couple Fortran projects just fine.

I’ve download and installed both Cuda 3.2 and v4 RC2 and neither will install and build the sample problem bandwidthTest (plus others). I can run the executable bandwithTest.exe that is part of the sample but I can’t build from the bandwidthTest.sln file.

I’ve installed both Cuda versions, uninstalled and reinstalled VS2008 and always get the error ---- “error PRJ0003 : Error spawning ‘D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin\cmd.exe’” when I try to build. I’ve pasted cmd.exe into Cuda (at the place noted in the error message) and I’ve setup the paths with the VC++ directories (e.g. C:\Windows\System32) as often suggested. Nothing works.

I’m running
Windows 7 64-bit
Visual Studio 2008 + SP1 (installed on D drive)
Tried both Cuba 3.2 and v4 RC2 (respective sample problems, toolkits and drivers installed)

Any of these variations produces the above error. I’m willing to accept that I’m doing something wrong but am at a loss.

What the heck is going on?

You can see the link … that might help u

pkgind,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I have seen it and while Cuda now seems to do much of that correctly (I’ve checked) I’ve also added references to the CUDA/include, etc. With or without the redundancy, it just doesn’t work.

Something is amiss with the spawn operation that the build needs. With the old executables that were included in the packages (I forget which one), the system has no problem spawning the needed cmd.exe to present the results. It is the build that fails.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!