Why couldn't I suspend/hibernate my laptop without NVIDIA driver?

I recently had the following incident related to the NVIDIA driver. I had NVIDIA-driver-525 installed on my Ubuntu 22.04 on Asus X556UQ with PRIME profile set as “NVIDIA on demand”. GNOME and Plazma crashed every 2-3 days. As one solution I wanted to try NVIDIA-driver-530. The NVIDIA driver was installed via Ubuntu “software and updates”. After a reboot, the X server did not start. I got a black screen instead of the GUI login screen. I was able to change prime-select to “intel” in the virtual terminal. After a reboot, the X login screen launched and I was able to open a GNOME session. Then I found that I had lost network, WiFi, Bluetooth, touchpad and sound. I also couldn’t suspend/hibernate. After that, I did the following steps:

1. uninstalled NVIDIA driver and rebooted again. It didn’t help at all.
  2. reinstalled linux-modules-extra-5.15.0-71-generic. All devices were back, but, suspend still didn’t work.
  3. I blacklisted Nouveau driver ( Nouveau didn’t work with my card ) Suspend still didn’t work
  4. Installed again nvidia-driver-525. Suspend/Hibernate started working.

What’s the reason Suspend/Hibernate didn’t work in my case without reinstalling NVIDIA driver?