For a upgrade of a control room I want to make a POC to integrate follow systems.
We currently have following setup:
- Single Win 2008 R2 Hyper-V Host:
- HP DL380 + Quadro 6000
- Running multiple Win 2008 Guests
- Running one W7 Guest using RemoteFX to a Dell D10D thin client showing 28 VGA camera’s.
- Win 2016 Hyper-V Cluster
- Dual HP DL380 (no GPU) + Storage
- Running 6x Win 2012 Guests (no open session)
- Running 28x Win 7 Guests (RDP no GPU) on Dell D10D thin client for HMI.
- Two Win 7 Workstations for Millstone camera-system showing ±4 FHD camera’s / workstation.
- Workstations are connected with FHD DVI extenders to the controlroom.
- Every workstation is connected to two FHD videowall screens.
We want to integrate all in a Hyper-V cluster. I was looking to add two P2000’s to the Win 2016 cluster and make 3 Win 10 test guests using Remote FX to show all camera content on a videowall using thin clients controlled by thinmanager. The current thin client is only RDP 8, so we’ll also test with Win 10 IOT thin clients supporting RDP 10.
- Is the P2000 the right GPU for the job? With only 3 clients I suppose it is. Should it be enogh for 5 clients to make it future proof?
- Should I still use Remote FX or go for DDA and use the H.264/AVC 444 graphic mode?
- Are there other options or things to consider or test?