Working with ISP without libargus

Hello!

Can you please provide me with some (if any) ways (documentation, tutorials, examples) of working with ISP without libargus library?

Thank you in advance,
Roman Abakumov

v4l2-ctl command can capture sensor data without ISP involve.

v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --set-fmt-video=width=1920,height=1080,pixelformat=RG10 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-mmap --stream-count=10

Thank you for your response. But i want to use ISP for camera debayer, for example, i like it, i don’t like huge and heavy libargus… is any way to work with ISP directly as much as possible exists?

Thank you in advance,
Roman Abakumov

Sorry, to tell,
current camera only support v4l2 framework and argus there’s no any others option.

Thank you. But maybe my question is wrong… i will try to reask it from different side…

We tried to capture and debayer video from sensor with libargus, but it tooks a lot of cpu time (about 20%). After that we did this with v4l and some cuda code and it tooks about 0% of cpu time. But we want to use cuda cores for another tasks, so we still want to use ISP for debayer and some additional processing with hope of zero cpu time. Maybe some examples are exists witch describes full video capture and processing pipeline with maximum efficiency in terms of cpu time and memory load?

Then, I would suggest to use cuda to debayer for your use case. There’s no simple pipeline for argus API currently.

So does it mean there are no way to use ISP functions without CPU resourses consumption?

Yes, for current argus arch.