Xaiver NX failed to start nvpmodel service

Hi,
I disabled some kernel config from tegra_defconfig file,rebuilt and applied kernel Image,I got error “Failed to start nvpmodel service”.
I want to know which kernel config can cause this issue? I checked tegra_defconfig and found CONFIG_NVPMODEL_EMC is set to y.

Thanks.

add

nvidia@nvidia:~$ sudo nvpmodel -m 2
NVPM WARN: patching tpc_pg_mask: (0x1:0x4)
NVPM WARN: patched tpc_pg_mask: 0x4
NVPM ERROR: Error opening /sys/devices/gpu.0/tpc_pg_mask: 2
NVPM ERROR: optMask is 1, no request for power mode
nvidia@nvidia:~$
nvidia@nvidia:~$ sudo nvpmodel -q
NV Fan Mode:quiet
NV Power Mode: MODE_10W_2CORE
NVPM ERROR: Error opening /sys/devices/gpu.0/tpc_pg_mask: 2
NVPM ERROR: failed to read PARAM TPC_POWER_GATING: ARG TPC_PG_MASK: PATH /sys/devices/gpu.0/tpc_pg_mask
NVPM ERROR: Error opening /sys/devices/gpu.0/power/control: 2
NVPM ERROR: failed to read PARAM GPU_POWER_CONTROL_ENABLE: ARG GPU_PWR_CNTL_EN: PATH /sys/devices/gpu.0/power/control
NVPM ERROR: Error opening /sys/devices/17000000.gv11b/devfreq/17000000.gv11b/min_freq: 2
NVPM ERROR: failed to read PARAM GPU: ARG MIN_FREQ: PATH /sys/devices/17000000.gv11b/devfreq/17000000.gv11b/min_freq
NVPM ERROR: Error opening /sys/devices/17000000.gv11b/devfreq/17000000.gv11b/max_freq: 2
NVPM ERROR: failed to read PARAM GPU: ARG MAX_FREQ: PATH /sys/devices/17000000.gv11b/devfreq/17000000.gv11b/max_freq
NVPM ERROR: Error opening /sys/devices/gpu.0/power/control: 2
NVPM ERROR: failed to read PARAM GPU_POWER_CONTROL_DISABLE: ARG GPU_PWR_CNTL_DIS: PATH /sys/devices/gpu.0/power/control

1. Could you tell us what change do you make to tegra_defconfig?

2. Are you able to see these nodes which report error on your device?

Sorry WayneWWW,
tegra_defconfig is not the reason to nvpmodel issue,I use the default tegra_defconfig NX still failed to start nvpmodel service. and thers is no gpu.0 under sys/devices/.
How to debug this issue?

Thanks.

Does command “lsmod” give you a result with nvgpu?

Does command “lsmod” give you a result with nvgpu?
No,lsmod return without nvgpu.
What is nvgpu module’s name? nvgpu.ko?

What is the result of uname -r?

4.9.140-tegra

That sounds weird. What is the result of “sudo modprobe nvgpu”?

1 Like

Hello,

Any feedback for this? I saw you press the solution but I don’t get your result.

nvgpu.ko is not insmod.

1 Like

But did you figure out why it is not automatically loaded? In our default jetpack release, such error should not happen.

yes, nvgpu works fine in default jetpack release.
The reason is I have not compress the nvgpu.ko to kernel_supplements.tbz2.

1 Like

Ok. Glad to hear you find the cause.