Xavier NX Cuda Installation Issue

Hello,

I installed Jetpack on my Nvidia Jetson Xavier NX. When I try to install CUDA on it with the SDK Manager, it stops at 90% and stops there.
It does not finish even after a couple of hours.

Is there another way to install CUDA on my device? Maybe with a deb file that I can download and install directly on the device?

In the screenshot you can see how it looks like…

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My Ubuntu 18.04 host is a very underpowered dual Atom laptop, and I constantly see this when using JetPack/SDKM. I just “keep installing” and it eventually works. I really do advise though to just keep saying yes, you want to continue many times before trying something else.

Can you describe the host PC hardware? I am curious if it is just lower powered like mine, or perhaps its internet connection is just slow.

Do note that more recent releases use the apt-get mechanism and that the SDKM will just log in to your Jetson via ssh and install packages via apt-get. Which release are you using? One of these two should work:

# Older releases:
head -n 1 /etc/nv_tegra_release
# Newer releases:
dpkg -l | grep 'nvidia-l4t-core'

If the release is available via the grep for “nvidia-l4t-core”, then what do you see for “apt search nvidia-l4t”? If you see CUDA in one of search replies, then try installing via “sudo apt-get install nvidia-l4t-WhichEverItIs”.

Hi Sharif_Elfouly,

You can follow below steps to install CUDA by manually:

$ sudo dpkg -i cuda-repo-l4t-10-2-local-10.2.89_1.0-1_arm64.deb
$ sudo apt-key add /var/cuda-repo-10-2-local-10.2.89/7fa2af80.pub
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get -y install cuda-toolkit-10-2

For deb files you can find from sdk manager download folder.