Hello,How to install Jetson SDK components in xavier nx production module

Hello,

I am using xavier nx production module (emmc).
Is there a way to install Jetson SDK components (CUDA, CUDA-X AI, Computer Vision, NVIDIA Container Runtime, Multimedia) without using the SDK manager?

Thank you.

If you’ve flashed and the system is up and running, is the repo installed?
dpkg -l | grep '\-repo\-'

If the repo is installed, then you have access to those packages via apt-get. To see a list of interesting packages from another Jetson (which can be a guide to knowing what to install on the eMMC version):
dpkg -l | egrep -i '(cuda|nvidia|l4t)'

1 Like

Hello,

If there is no output when executing the following command, the repo is not installed, right?
How do I install it from the repo?

Thank you.

Hello,

When checked with jtop, it looks like this:

Thank you.

You probably have to escape the hyphens (I was surprised to find that I did when using the “absolute” single quote), but keep in mind everything not installed does not necessarily mean the repo is missing
the repo itself is not one of those items on the list, but is a dependency if they are added. I just don’t know if the repo is added by SDKM the first time one of those extras are installed, or if the repo is there after a basic flash.

If you go here on your Jetson:
/etc/apt/sources.list.d

do you have file “nvidia-l4t-apt-source.list”? If so, then the repo is installed.

If you go to your host PC the downloads which it uses during ssh are stored at:
~/Downloads/nvidia/sdkm_downloads/

Keep in mind that JetPack/SDKM works with a lot of different types of Jetsons, and also works with the host PC, so not necessarily every “repo” file in that location is useful for you. On the Jetson only the “arm64” and “all” packages matter:
ls ~/Downloads/nvidia/sdkm_downloads/*repo* | egrep -v 'amd64'

Among those, the cross tools are for the PC, so you can eliminate those:
ls ~/Downloads/nvidia/sdkm_downloads/*repo* | egrep -v '(amd64|cross)'

You’ll also find some are for CUDA, and others for libvisionworks
it doesn’t hurt to install both repos, and if you are doing something with libvisionworks, then you’d need both. Then there are the older ones using CUDA 10.0, and more current ones using CUDA 10.2
you’d only want the version which goes with your JetPack release. Once you have a repo file on the host PC you can copy it to the Jetson any way you want (e.g., SD card, email, scp, so on), and then use dpkg to install it. An example:

sudo dpkg -i ./cuda-repo-l4t-10-2-local-10.2.89_1.0-1_arm64.deb
sudo apt update

Do you have the repo files on the host PC? You can tell SDKM to download only, so if the files are not currently there, then you could still create the “~/Downloads/nvidia/sdkm_downloads/” content.

1 Like

Hello,

Are you saying that you can move the deb file downloaded using sdk from the host pc to the target machine with scp and install it with dpkg?

If you do not use the host pc
Is there any way to install the sdk component on the target machine alone?

Thank you.

Hello,

Here, can I move the deb file corresponding to the sdk component to the target machine and install it with dpkg?

Thank you.

Hello,

When I installed nvidia-l4t-cuda, jtop says that CUDA is not installed, and even if I try to build a sample program that includes CUDA, an error occurs.

In this case, can I install nvidia-cuda?

Thank you.

You can download to a host PC this way
then use any manual copy method to copy to the Jetson. This is designed to give you access to the “.deb” files related to CUDA, but it would still be up to you to get them to the Jetson. I don’t know of another way to get those “.deb” files in recent releases.

The “.deb” files you show which are arm64 or all and not “cross” would be the correct files. These can be copied to the Jetson and installed via dpkg. Note that order generally matters, but often you can name several .deb’s on the same command line and avoid some install order issues (basically that is what makes apt so nice
it can figure out dependencies).

1 Like

I don’t know about jtop, but there might be more packages required. Keep in mind that if you’ve installed the repo, then sudo apt update and sudo apt-get will work to install what is missing if you know the package which is missing.

1 Like