Jetson device cannot be checked when checked with lsusb command on host pc

Hello,

If there is no output when executing the following command, the repo is not installed, right?
How do I install it from the repo?

Nano, nx cannot be checked when checking with lsusb command on host pc.
However, in force recovery mode, nano, nx can be checked with lsusb command.
Even when it is not in recovery mode, I know that if the host pc and jetson are connected via microusb, the host pc should be able to check the jetson device with lsusb.
How should I solve this problem?

Thank you.

lsusb simply says one of the following if present:

• A recovery mode Jetson is detected, or
  • A booted Jetson with virtual wired ethernet is detected.

No flash can be completed if the unit did not start in recovery mode. A successful flash results in the Jetson rebooting. After reboot, if the account is set up, then ssh is used by SDKM to add packages. I’m not sure if the repo is already installed or not before ssh starts. Examining the repos after a flash would be fairly easy, and you could avoid installing those extras until you’ve examined this since extras can be installed at any time.

When a Jetson is fully booted, and if the defaults have not been changed, then you are correct that lsusb should show up. If this is not the case, then you’d want to use serial console to see what is going on. Technically you could log in directly at the Jetson and get this same information if basic boot succeeded and first boot setup is complete, but often if something went so wrong that the micro-USB is not showing up, then something else went wrong and you would often not get to log in directly. Serial console boot log is the key to knowing what is going on.

1 Like

Hello,

Originally, I was planning to install components by connecting micro usb to the booted jetson nx and using sdk manager on the host pc.
I can’t check jetson through lsusb on host pc, so I’m looking for another way to install sdk components.
As you said, I understand that if the repository is set up, you can install it with apt.
I don’t know how to set up the repository. Can’t check with dpkg.
can you help me?

Thank you.

Hello,

dpkg -l | When I use the command grep’-repo-’ nothing is displayed.
How do I install the repo?

Thank you.

SDKM can use any network. If the micro-B USB virtual wired ethernet is not available, then perhaps you could use the wired ethernet or WiFi. Is any of the networking function available?

1 Like

Hello.

Yes. Wired ethernet.
Currently, you can access nx remotely.

Thank you.

In that case simply use the IP address of wired ethernet and it should work. Test if you can ssh to that IP address, and if you can, all should go well.

1 Like