Jetson Nano A02 Connect Window WSL Ubuntu

I’ve got jetsonano a02 running in forced recovery mode, but sdkmanager can’t find jetsonano on ubuntu on windows wsl. Please help me.

We don’t support WSL to flash jetson nano.

So after installing ubuntuos myself, I connected the recovery mode jetson nano a02 to usb, but sdkmanager still can’t find jetson.

What is the lsusb result on your host?

$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 090c:1000 Silicon Motion, Inc. - Taiwan (formerly Feiya Technology Corp.) Flash Drive
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 248a:8366 Maxxter Wireless Optical Mouse ACT-MUSW-002
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 8087:0026 Intel Corp. AX201 Bluetooth
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 5986:211c Acer, Inc HD Webcam
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Here this is my result.

Then this board is not in recovery mode or your usb cable has problem.

But I tested it until I bought a new cable, but none of it was connected. (Test with 3 cables)

This is my current jetsonano state.

You totally not connect the micro usb port there… of course it cannot detect the board…

1 Like

Oh… I’m sorry. I didn’t check the basics…

Just for trivia: USB is a one-way connection. One end is always a type-A, and it connects to a host; type-B is always the other end, and it connects to a device (a recovery mode Jetson is a custom USB device). The full size connectors you used are type-A. The smaller socket is special, because it is a micro-OTG (“On The Go”). It accepts either a micro-A or a micro-B, but has an ID pin so it knows which type is connected. The larger connectors have no possibility of ever being a device, and the smaller one can act as host or device, but most cables you find for that port are “charger” cables…which are type-B. Incidentally, the micro-B cables NVIDIA ships are high quality; about 2 out of 3 “charger” cables have such poor quality in the data copper (at most 2 strands) that they fail for data.

Type-C “cheats”. It actually has two sets of cables, and both can be host, or both can be device, or one set can be host and the other set device. They look symmetrical, but in reality USB on a given set of copper is only one-way at any given moment. So you will find some more modern type-C connectors on newer Jetsons which can be used for flash.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.