We purchased NVIDIA JETSON XAVIER NX DEVELOPER KIT,
and performed the link-up test during Board start-up as well as Custom Board.
As a result, the problem of EQOS (RTL8211F) not linking up at startup
was reproduced on EVK (JetPack 4.4.1:L4T 32.4.4) after 90 minutes of Continuous Reboot Test.
The reproduce frequency is about 1/107.
The reproduction procedure is as follows.
1. Download the SD Card Image of the NX DEVELOPER KIT from https://developer.nvidia.com/jetpack-sdk-441-archive
2. Extract jetson-nx-developer-kit-sd-card-image-441 and write sd-blob.img to the micro SDCard.
3. Boot the NX DEVELOPER KIT with SD Boot, Setup, and login.
4. Turn off Wifi and Bluetooth from the GUI.
5. Setting eth0 IPv4 to 10.0.0.77/8 from the GUI.
6. Connect the HostPC to the EVK via a Gbit Ether HUB as follows
NX DEVELOPER KIT <=> NETGEAR:GS-105E <=> HostPC
7. Deploy the following shell script, service, and set up automated tests
# chmod a+x /root/pe_test.sh
# systemctl enable pe_test
8. Insert a USB memory stick in the USB slot in case you want to interrupt the test intentionally.
The reboot test stops when the USB flash drive is unplugged or the problem is reproduced.
9. reboot from UART console and start continuous test.
The situation after reproduction is as follows.
 EQOS [NG] date=20210603_151452
COMMAND=dmesg | grep eqos
EXPECTED=eqos 2490000.ether_qos eth0: Link is Up
RESULT=[ 4.413594] eqos 2490000.ether_qos: Setting local MAC: 48 b0 2d 3d 78 86
The Link is Up event is not raised from the kernel and the IP is not assigned.
Perhaps PHY_AN even is not raised in phy_state_machine().
eth0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 48:b0:2d:3d:78:86 txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
RX packets 0 bytes 0 (0.0 B)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 0 bytes 0 (0.0 B)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0
device interrupt 37
root@contec-desktop:~# dmesg | grep eqos
[ 4.413594] eqos 2490000.ether_qos: Setting local MAC: 48 b0 2d 3d 78 86
In mii-tool, the link is ok, but in ethtool, it is Link detected: no.
root@contec-desktop:~# mii-tool eth0
eth0: negotiated 1000baseT-FD flow-control, link ok
root@contec-desktop:~# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
Supported pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Supported FEC modes: Not reported
Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised FEC modes: Not reported
Duplex: Unknown! (255)
Supports Wake-on: g
Link detected: no
The LAN Port LEDs are both lit.
Left: Lights up Green
Right: Lights up Orange (sometimes blink)
This problem was reproduced not only in our CustomBoard, but also in EVK.
Could NVIDIA deal with this problem? Thanks.
pe_test.sh (3.1 KB)
pe_test.service (317 Bytes)
dmesg.txt (63.3 KB)