About developing camera for jetson

Hello,

I am trying to develop a camera using jetson nano.

I found the following in the jetson linux developer guide, but I can’t find it in the source.

Where can I find it?

Thank you.

hello neuezeal,

because that tegra194 means t19x platforms, which applies to: Jetson Xavier NX, Jetson AGX Xavier series.
you may looking into t210 series for Nano’s reference drivers, there’s TX1 to provide imx185 reference drivers,
you might check below for reference.
for example,
$L4T_Sources/r32.4.3/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t210/jetson/kernel-dts/jetson-platforms/tegra210-camera-imx185-a00.dtsi

1 Like

Hello,

I checked it in the following path: Is that right?
/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t210/jetson/kernel-dts/jetson-platforms

Thank you.

hello neuezeal,

yes, those were device trees of reference camera drivers, such as, tegra210-camera-***.dtsi.
thanks

1 Like

Hello,

I found imx390 like this:
can be found in menuconfig,
You can find imx185.ko in rootfs
The vi2 you talked about can’t find the module.
Please tell me how to build vi2.

Thank you.

hello neuezeal,

those were driver you can choose it include in or not.
you don’t need to specifically compile VI-2 since that’s basic VI driver for Nano platforms.
thanks

1 Like

Hello,

If so, will the imx390 camera be automatically recognized when attached to the jetson nano?

Thank you.

Hello,

How are VI2 and V4l2 devices connected?

Thank you.

hello neuezeal

you may also check Tutorials page, please expand [Developer Tools] session and check [V4L2 Sensor Driver Development Tutorial].

Hello,

As you can see in the youtube video, it should show as /dev/video0, but I can’t see it.

/dev/video0 does not appear. How can I check this?

Thank you.

hello neuezeal

that’s caused by sensor driver did not probed correctly and did not registered as video device.
please refer to Debugging Tips session to examine your sensor driver, device tree…etc.
thanks

1 Like

Hello,

There is no mention of nano or nx in camera development.
Is the camera development method applicable to all jetson series?

Thank you.

hello neuezeal,

yes, this session cover to all Jetson series.

1 Like