About vino on nano

Hello,

On Nano, default vino setting have to changed.
num1:

num2:

On Command line , How can I change num1 to num2 ?

Thank you.

Hello,

I have been red https://linuxconfig.org/ubuntu-remote-desktop-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux

It seems to something different compared to vino-settings on jetson Nano.
On jetson Nano, I cannot run vino-preferences.

Can you tell me how to change the Desktop Sharing settings using a command line tool.

Thank you.

I don’t know about that specific setting, but part of the setup can be performed with gsettings. The following will not be the commands you want, but will show how it works (the “export” is only to associate a command line with the GUI which currently runs; if you are in the GUI and run command “echo $DISPLAY”, then this is where the “:0” comes from…it might be “:1” or something else in your case):

export DISPLAY=:0
    gsettings set org.gnome.Vino enabled true
    gsettings set org.gnome.Vino prompt-enabled false
    gsettings set org.gnome.Vino require-encryption false

Assuming DISPLAY is set (not needed if you log in to the GUI), then this will be more useful (be sure to run the command as the same person logged in to the GUI):
gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.Vino

This will show you what settings exist. I can’t tell you what all options are for each setting, but this one sticks out, and if you know the syntax for the other options (which I do not know), then this likely could use “set” instead of “list-recursively” to change it:
gsettings set org.gnome.Vino.authentication-methods ...something...
(a Google search likely would answer that)

1 Like

Thank you very much :)