Jetson Nano 2GB Automatic VNC

Hi all ,
I am new to Jetson Nano , I was using Raspberry pi so whenever I plug power into raspberry pi I access it through VNC , whereas in Jetson Nano 2GB seems like we need to login to Jetson locally and then only we will be able to use VNC and in the website it says

“The VNC server is only available after you have logged in to Jetson locally. If you wish VNC to be available automatically, use the system settings application on your developer kit to enable automatic login.”

Where is the system settings application on the developer kit to enable automatic login , Someone please help me , I want to access VNC only using USB C power supply and USB wifi adapter)

PS : I was following instructions from this site https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/learn/tutorials/vnc-setup

Hi gautham.k.28,

Please edit “/etc/gdm3/custom.conf” to enable automatic login:

# Enabling automatic login
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=[your username]
1 Like

Thankyou , this worked :)

1 Like

A note for others with the same issue, and using LXDE:
edit the file /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-nvidia.conf

autologin-user=your-username-here
autologin-user-timeout=0
3 Likes

I can add that I successfully enabled the installed Vino Server in my Nano 2G following the L4T Readme VNC file that is on the Desktop, which includes the configuration for headless automatic login. Also set an appropriate resolution ( other you get the headless 640x400 headless default). For VNC Client, I use the Real VNC Client on my MaC M1.