Adapter Compatibility with Jetson Nano

Hello, I’m trying to power up one Jetson Nano card, however, I don’t have a 5V 3A adapter needed to power it up.

Instead, I have my laptop adapter, which states that it has multiple output modes, including a 5V 3A, 15W output, and USB-C. Should I plug the Jetson into this adapter? Would it still work or would I end up burning the whole thing?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, do you mean Jetson nano devkit? If so, there is no USB-C connector on it. For nano devkit, only DC jack or USB2.0 port is available for power supply.

Hello, thanks for the reply!

I’ve got one of these: Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit - Get Started | NVIDIA Developer

Hence I’ve got a USB-C power input on my Jetson Nano.

Got it. Then it should be no problem.

I see, although the adapter has different output modes as well, so it can output:

• 5V 3A
  • 9V 3A
  • 15V 3A
  • 20V 3.25A

So I’m wondering if the Jetsons have the regulator so that they take the desired output from my adapter. In general, I’ve read that these power delivery devices output 5V and then output more if the device communicates with them, assuming the Jetsons doesn’t, it should be alright but still wanted to ask here.

In short, I’m worried that the adapter will give 20V instead of 5V to the card.

Nano 2GB can only accept 5V input.

Great, thanks for the info!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.