Adding discreate GPU on TX-1

Hello,

I have a custom carrier board which is developed for Jetson TX-1. My requirement is two different VGA output on two monitors.

I want to add an additional display card for the requirement. I am using a PCIe to VGA video card i. e VL-MPEe-V5 from Versalogic which is based on Silicon Motion SM750 chipset. This is used a DRM driver to rendering the display.

I have studied the DRM basic and I got to know It support the both integrated and discrete GPU.

I have also tried the below sample application with integrated GPU and it is working fine.

/usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api/samples/08_video_dec_drm/

Can I use this DRM driver to meet our requirement on Jetson TX-1? This DRM driver is for discrete GPU which is in-built in the PCIe to VGA card. If it is possible to use then how can I proceed further.

Looking forward for your kind support.

Thanks,
Asif Ikbal

Hello,

In the meantime I have strated the working with DRM driver with the Jetson TX-1.

I am trying to compiling the DRM driver of the discrete GPU(PCIe to VGA). I am compiling the driver on the Jetson TX-1 natively. During compilation I am getting errors.

smi_drv.c:107:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘drm_fb_helper_remove_conflicting_pci_framebuffers’; did you mean ‘drm_fb_helper_remove_conflicting_framebuffers’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  drm_fb_helper_remove_conflicting_pci_framebuffers(pdev, 0, "smidrmfb");
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  drm_fb_helper_remove_conflicting_framebuffers

The DRM driver is compiled successfully on the X86 Ubuntu machine. I am taking reference of X86 machine to solve this error. The error function is define on the drm_fb_helper.h file of the X86 machine but it is not defined in the same file of Jetson source.

One similar function is implemented in the Jetson drm_fb_helper.h file but it is not using PCI. Our device is connected over PCIe. Should I implement the same function in the Jetson header file for PCI support?

I want to know what is the best way to fix this error with all the dependence ?

Thanks,
Asif Ikbal

Hello,

I am going through the below posts and get some idea about Jetson dGPU supports.

I am closing this post

Thanks,
Asif Ikbal

Cool! Thanks for your sharing!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.