AGX Xavier can support 8K video Encoder

I would like to confirm that AGX Xavier can support 8K video Encoder in JetPack4.6.
If AGX Xavier can support it in JetPack4.6, could you please tell me what is supported Video Standards for encode(H.265 or H.264 or both) and the resolution(Maximum Number of Streams)?

Even though the following forum says that AGX Xavier can support 8K video Encoder in JetPack4.6, I cannot see the update in the datasheet and the Release Notes.
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/xavier-can-support-8k-video-encoder/179414

Hi,
The hardware h265 encoder supports it and please try:

$ gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=168 is-live=1 ! video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720 ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=7680,height=4320' ! nvv4l2h265enc maxperf-enable=1 ! fpsdisplaysink text-overlay=0 video-sink=fakesink sync=0 -v

We will check to add this into data sheet.

I got this log when I used the command you said
log (6.2 KB)

Is it working for 8K video Encoder?

Hi,
The prints look expected. You may try to save to a file for a check:

$ gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=168 is-live=1 ! video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720 ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=7680,height=4320' ! nvv4l2h265enc maxperf-enable=1 ! h265parse ! matroskamux ! filesink location=8K.mkv

When can you update the datasheet of the AGX Xavier included the information for the resolution(Maximum Number of Streams)?
Furthermore, do you have any information about 8K video Encoder with AGX Xavier?

@DaneLLL as far as I can see the pipeline upscales 1280x720 up to 8k in the saved file? right?
Does it mean the pipeline will work with 8k camera ? like realtime?

Hi,
Yes, ideally it shall work with 8K camera so that frame data is in NVMM buffer directly. However, we don’t have the real camera to verify this.

Hi @A_Y please share how many simultaneouls encoding instances are required in your use-case. We can check this with our teams first.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.