Bad driver installation

I usually use my laptop HP Victus 16-d0018ns with an external monitor.

When I installed ubuntu 20.04 I need to install the NVIDIA RTX 3050 drivers in order to use my external monitor, otherwise it wasn’t detected. I installed the NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-510.60.02, as recomended and everithing well.

However, today I turned on my laptop and I had again the same problem, the monitor was’t detected. So I went to the nvidia web and saw a newer version of the controller: NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-510.73.05. Like the last time, I installed it, but this time I left the monitor connected. When I reboot the pc, now the built-in screen isn’t detected and it only detects the external monitor!!

I tried to reinstall the controller but I can’t…
I tried to change the controller but I can’t…
I tried to uninstall the driver with the [Cleanup-Tool] but it doesn’t detect anything

The information that the NVIDIA X Server Settings app gives is

I have searched a lot of information and I don’t know how to solve it.

Please give me a solution, any other information you need I will be at your disposal.

Thank you,
Enrique López.

Hello Enrique @kikeloga75 and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums!

please open up a terminal and run
sudo nvidia-bug-report.sh

and attach the resulting log file nvidia-bug-report.log.gz to this topic. That will give us more information on what might go wrong here.

I will also move your post to the Linux category, there have been several previous threads with similar issues. If we can’t help here those might give some help for further investigation.

Hello! Here is the nvidia-bug-report.log.gz:
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (278.7 KB)

Please delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf

1 Like

Also make sure nvidia-prime is installed
sudo apt install nvidia-prime

2 Likes

All fixed!!
Thank you so much!!