Blender hidden object

In Blender, I add a Bolean modifier to an object allowing to create a ‘hole’ from another object hidden (Difference).
With the migration to USD and Omniverse View, I can’t reproduce this hole.
Thanks for your help
Romuald

Hello @rjosien! I am checking in with the dev team on an answer to your question. Appreciate you reaching out to us!

Just wanted to make sure we reference this post here: Blender hidden object

Hi @rjosien. This appears to be a known issue where concave polygons don’t render correctly in Create or usdview. One workaround is to triangulate the polygon in Blender prior to exporting to USD. Please let me know if you have questions.

Just to share the results of move from Blender to Omniverse with regards to the windows…
I created the windows with a standard Blender Archi plug-in that also uses the technique of Boolean modifier to hidden objects…
Not sure I understand the proposed workaround?

My sincere apologies, @rjosien. I didn’t see your follow up question from a few months back! I don’t know if this is still an issue in any of your workflows, but the workaround is to apply a Triangulate modifier to the mesh before exporting. BTW, the next release of Blender on our Launcher will have an option to triangulate the USD on export, so you won’t need to modify the geometry in this way. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Hi Makowalski, better later than never 😉
Good to know this new feature with Blender 3.4 beta!
Rgds
Romuald

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.