Boot error on Jetson nano

Dear Sir or Madame,

I am installing Jetpack 4.6.1 on my Jetson nano 2GB from this link JetPack SDK | NVIDIA Developer.
I am getting the following error:

If I install Jetpack 4.6 on my Jetson nano 2GB, there’s no deepstream version compatibility with Tensorrt 8.0.1.

So please how can I fix the issue of Jetpack 4.6.1? Or which version of deepstream is compatible with tensorrt 8.0.1?

1 Like

Yep, same problem for me. Sam screen from first attempt. Have re-tried img etching. No work.

1 Like

We tried to use the same image on the page you shared. But we are still able to boot without error.

Please make sure you are using the correct image file. For example, 4GB image cannot be used on 2gb device.

Hi Sir,

I think that there’s something wrong in the image itself because many people are trying to download the image and flash it on Jetson nano 2gb but it is not working.

Best regards,
Melissa

1 Like

Exactly. There’s something wrong in the image itself

1 Like

Hi,

Just want to double confirm. Is this your first time flashing any kind of sdcard image on your nano 2gb?

I mean are you a newbie for all of these or you already tried some early jetpack release before?

Hi,

No this is not my first time flashing sd card images on nano 2gb. I have tried with Jetpack 4.6, it works fine. I tried with Jetpack 4.4 and it works fine.
The only issue is with the newest release Jetpack 4.6.1

Best regards,
Melissa

Please dump the serial console log when the error happened.

Hi,

Also want to ask,

1. What is the Balena Etcher version you people are using?

2. Did you ever flash your board with sdkmanager before?

Hello

Apparently the image was corrupt or something like that even though I downloaded it twice.
I downloaded the image again and it is working fine so far. Maybe there was an update on the image itself.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi @melissa1 . Thank you so much for this post! Because of your post, I was able to finally get the nano booted. I think you are right in that the Jetpack 4.6.1 has some corrupt file. I’ve tried every suggestion out there until I saw your post. I went and reformatted and etched the sd card again with the Jetpack 4.6 version and it finally boots now. For other people struggling, here is where I downloaded the older version from: https://developer.nvidia.com/jetpack-sdk-46

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi @melissa1 ,

Just want to double confirm, you firstly tried jp4.6.1 and cannot boot it up, so you fallback to jp4.6 and later you tried to download jp4.6.1 again and it can boot up well?

I think it is more like an issue because the file on the website was not updated. This issue was probably resolved because you once tried jp4.6 and then move back to jp4.6.1. The bootloader software might be updated when you tried jp4.6. So when you tried jp4.6.1 again afterwards, it can work well.

What was the version before you tried any of these jp4.6.x version? I mean did you ever try something like jp4.5/jp4.4.1?

You are welcome @amin.se yes the file was corrupted, try to download it now the Jetpack 4.6.1, it is going to work. They updated the file most probably.

Hi @WayneWWW. Yes I used Jetpack 4.4 on my other nano and I am working on another Jetson Nano. I am afraid that I won’t be going for Jetpack 4.6.1 anymore. I’ll be using Jetpack 4.4.1 since Deepstream 5.0 works well on this version. There are some issues in the newest release of Deepstream which is the 6.0

I can only say we didn’t change the file on the website.

The reason to hit this issue is still unknown. Unfortunately I can only ask you to help clarify why this issue would happen on your side but not mine. For example, dump the log or validate what I said is correct or not.

I appreciate your help if you are willing to try this.

For anyone who hit this issue, please remove this sd card out from jetson nano and plug into your host machine to check /var/log/oem-config.log.

Please attach that log here. Thanks.

thank you @WayneWWW for your help

I got the same exact problem, using new jetson nano 2gb and new sd card 32gb, Here is the log:

Ubiquity 18.04.14.17 (oem-config)
Ubiquity 18.04.14.17 (oem-config)
/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/frontend/gtk_ui.py:54: PyGIWarning: Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Gtk, Gdk, GObject, GLib, Atk, Gio
/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/frontend/gtk_components/nmwidgets.py:5: PyGIWarning: NM was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('NM', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import NM, NMA
/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/frontend/gtk_components/nmwidgets.py:5: PyGIWarning: NMA was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('NMA', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import NM, NMA
/usr/lib/ubiquity/plugins/ubi-timezone.py:195: PyGIWarning: TimezoneMap was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('TimezoneMap', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import TimezoneMap
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/l4t_payload_updater_t210", line 1366, in <module>
    main(param)
  File "/usr/sbin/l4t_payload_updater_t210", line 1351, in main
    print_VER(arg)
  File "/usr/sbin/l4t_payload_updater_t210", line 57, in print_VER
    system_info_obj.print_current_ver()
  File "/usr/sbin/l4t_payload_updater_t210", line 527, in print_current_ver
    if ver[0] == 'NV1' or 'NV' not in ver[0]:
IndexError: list index out of range
Exception in GTK frontend (invoking crash handler):
  File "/usr/sbin/oem-config", line 655, in <module>
    main(oem_config)
  File "/usr/sbin/oem-config", line 641, in main
    install(query=options.query)
  File "/usr/sbin/oem-config", line 270, in install
    wizard = ui.Wizard(distro)
  File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/frontend/gtk_ui.py", line 321, in __init__
    mod.ui = mod.ui_class(mod.controller)
  File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/plugins/nvqspi-update.py", line 39, in __init__
    if not self.check_pre_req():
  File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/plugins/nvqspi-update.py", line 72, in check_pre_req
    [self.script, '-c'], universal_newlines=True).strip()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 356, in check_output
    **kwargs).stdout
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 438, in run
    output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['/usr/lib/nvidia/qspi-update/nvqspi-update.sh', '-c']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

File "/usr/sbin/oem-config", line 655, in <module>
    main(oem_config)
  File "/usr/sbin/oem-config", line 641, in main
    install(query=options.query)
  File "/usr/sbin/oem-config", line 270, in install
    wizard = ui.Wizard(distro)
  File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/frontend/gtk_ui.py", line 321, in __init__
    mod.ui = mod.ui_class(mod.controller)
  File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/plugins/nvqspi-update.py", line 39, in __init__
    if not self.check_pre_req():
  File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/plugins/nvqspi-update.py", line 72, in check_pre_req
    [self.script, '-c'], universal_newlines=True).strip()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 356, in check_output
    **kwargs).stdout
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 438, in run
    output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['/usr/lib/nvidia/qspi-update/nvqspi-update.sh', '-c']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

I have installed Version 4.4 and it works fine, Thank you.

Turns out the log of oem-config.log is also not sufficient.

If possible, for anyone hit this issue, please directly share the uart log.