Bring-up to new platform

I’m kinda of a noob in this topic.I created a custom carrier board for the Jetson TX1/TX2, that contains fewer interfaces than the devkit’s carrier board. I’m following the “PLATFORM ADAPTATION
AND BRING-UP GUIDE”, and I have some questions.
do the files need to be changed/adeed IN the module?
or do I need to make the changes in the source files in a computer, them and pass them to the module like I first did with the jetpack?.
I have to make these changes while the module is in the devkit’s carrier board?, then I turn off the module and put it in my custom carrier board?.

Thank you.

I haven’t built a custom carrier. Typically though it means you’d use the flash.sh script to flash different files onto different parts of the Jetson. For example you can flash a device tree (instructions change depending on which L4T release…details of a device tree change dramatically depending on the carrier board it connects to).

The driver package typically provides all of the tools. The sample rootfs is basically the rootfs. The “source_sync.sh” script lets you download kernel or U-Boot sources. Often the kernel source has device tree files you’d build after configuring (“make dtbs” target). You can flash just particular dtb files with the right flash.sh arguments.
[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra[/url]

Flash always runs over the micro-B USB cable of the dev kit. If on another carrier board you’d need the right USB port for recovery mode. If your board does not have this, then you’d have to put the Jetson on a carrier board which does this for flashing…and then put the Jetson back on your carrier.

Kickpuncher,

Yes, please try to flash your carrier board first. If it does not work, move the module back to devkit board to flash.

Thank you for your answers.

But now I have another;

I downloaded the u-boot source files and I’m trying to build them, following this:

$ export CROSS_COMPILE=<your_toolchain_location>
$ make distclean
$ make <board_and_rev>_defconfig
$ make

For the toolchain I downloaded “GCC Tool Chain for 64-bit BSP” and extracted it, then I put <your_toolchain_location> = /install/aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin

when I run make gives this error:

scripts/kconfig/conf  --silentoldconfig Kconfig
  CHK     include/config.h
  UPD     include/config.h
  GEN     include/autoconf.mk
gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
scripts/Makefile.autoconf:75: recipe for target 'include/autoconf.mk' failed
make[1]: *** [include/autoconf.mk] Error 1
make: *** No rule to make target 'include/config/auto.conf', needed by 'include/config/uboot.release'.  Stop.

I have not modified anything, I was just trying to see if it would run.
Any help, I would apreciate.
Thank you.

What is your actual “$CROSS_COMPILE” content?

FYI I generally start with the “/proc/config.gz” instead of the defconfig. I’m finding more divergence between defconfig and the standard install config these days and the config.gz of “/proc” is a guaranteed valid config for a TX2 on the carrier board it booted from.

Hi Kickpuncher,

How’s going for your board bring up? Working well? Or still need further supports?

Thanks