Can I use a can communication on jetson nano?

Hello

Can I use a can communication on jetson nano?

Thank you

Yes, please see below topics as reference:
Latest can-bus topics in Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

1 Like

Hello,

What does the NVIDIA Jetson Linux Driver Package Software Features document say?
NVIDIA Jetson Linux Driver Package Software Features, Release 32.6.1 | August 3, 2021
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/hw_setup_jetson_can.html

CAN on Jetson Nano Devices

A CAN controller is not available in Jetson Nano devices, but you can use an MCP251x chip (SPI to CAN interface), which works with the SPI interface on Jetson Nano

Thank you.

Just follow the document said to use an MCP251x chip (SPI to CAN interface), which works with the SPI interface on Jetson Nano.

1 Like

Hello, @kayccc , @Trumany

What should I do if I use a usb2can device as follows?

Thank you.

See CanBus on the Nano - #34 by atdodd
and CAN Bus on the Jetson Nano - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

1 Like

Strangely, while I get emails to my work account from these forums, when I logged in, it said no account existed under that email…

Looking at the post from @Hodu - their USB-CAN interfaces are marked as being “cando” - looking at their website, they appear to have not bothered writing a proper socketcan driver for Linux, and instead offer some sort of proprietary SDK - CANdo - Simple USB to CAN Bus API

Such hardware might not play nice with a Jetson since their binary SDK is probably x86 only. Other USB-CAN converters (such as the CANable I mention, anything supported by the candlelight project at GitHub - candle-usb/candleLight_fw: gs_usb compatible firmware for candleLight, cantact and canable, EMS CPC-USB converters from USB/CAN Interface CPC-USB/ARM7 - EMS Dr. Thomas Wünsche, and a few others work with socketcan. I believe PCAN adapters will work too, but I haven’t personally used them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.