Cannot install CUDA driver on GeForce 8600M GS

Hi,

I have an Asus F3SV-B1 laptop equipped with a GeForce 8600M GS. It’s running XP SP3 and I am trying to install CUDA drivers on it. I downloaded the 181.20 (CUDA 2.1) and 178.28 (CUDA 2.0) drivers for XP from the NVidia site. However, when I run either installer, I get a message:

[font=“Lucida Console”]The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.[/font]

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I had to get a CUDA driver from laptopvideo website and install the Cuda version 2.0
It is really bad that they dont support the mobile cards directly

I had to get a CUDA driver from laptopvideo website and install the Cuda version 2.0
It is really bad that they dont support the mobile cards directly

Thanks for the reply. Which driver did you install? Did you have to mod the INF?

There’s now a direct beta XP driver from NVidia for this card, but it doesn’t look like it has Cuda support…

Thanks for the reply. Which driver did you install? Did you have to mod the INF?

There’s now a direct beta XP driver from NVidia for this card, but it doesn’t look like it has Cuda support…

I have the same problem with Sony laptop VAIO VGN-SZ75GN, it has a Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS
but I cannot install any CUDA drivers. When I run the little tool GPU-Z.0.3.2.exe it recognizes the
chipset GeForce 8400M GS. Any suggestions / advices welcome !

Regards

BHC

Same problem here, with a 8400M in a Dell XPS M1330, WinXP32 SP3. Neither of 2.0 or 2.1 versions work.
Where did you get that laptopvideo website driver? Janakasoft, please post back, I’m really anxious to get this stuff rolling.

1. try to install cuda-drivers for note
    External Media
  2. if it don’t work, install usual driver for your videocard to the default directory (c:\NVIDIA.… something like that), and try to install cuda-drivers for note again

sorry for my English