Upon starting an Unreal Engine 5 build through NVIDIA Nsights a ShaderCompileWorker verification message regarding mismatched shader version is shown. Afterwards it immediately crashes with an array out of bounds error.
- We are using latest UE5 version from UE5 5.0 Github Branch.
- Build configuration is DebugGame Editor, started with -game argument.
- Tried using -noheartbeatthread argument.
- Tried enabling r.Shader.Symbols
- Tested with NVIDIA Nsights 2022.1.1 and 2021.4.1
- Message: ShaderCompileWorker failed: Mismatched shader version for format PCD3D_SM6: Found version 96578485 but expected 4237827614; did you forget to build ShaderCompilerWorker?
- Followed by Array index out of bounds: 0 from an array of size 0
- Unreal Splash Screen is showing the "45% - Compiling Shaders (6.868) indicating it tries to recompile shaders.
- Starting the project normally or through Microsoft PIX is working.
- Tested with Activities: Frame Debugger, Frame Profiler
Are there any special steps needed to launch UE5 projects through NVIDIA Insights?
It used to work fine with UE4.