Can't detect TX1 on a J106 and M90 with USB

I’m trying to install sdkmanager on my TX1 with the carrier board J106 and the M90 from auvidea.
SDKManager correctly detects my TX1 with the micro-USB connector during step 1, when I have to connect after the OS image is flashed, I can’t log in (i checked my login and password), it seems that the USB connection only work with the recovery mode.

My host pc also can’t detect my TX1 with the USB 3 port.

Does anyone currently work with this setup and/or know issues with it ? I can’t figure out what’s wrong with this, it should work instantly.

Thanks.

I just found a link leading to the wiki explaining how to configure J106 with cameras. Wiki J106
I only found :

J106 sometimes fails to detect USB devices after cold boot.

in the known issues section, but i’m guessing that if my TX1 is on for a few hours it should work and that is not the case.

Did you use the manufacturer supplied board support package for that carrier board? The manufacturer would have to provide that software, which is basically just a custom firmware on top of the otherwise standard flash software. Peripherals are expected to not function if not using software for the specific carrier board.

Thanks for your answer.
Indeed, there is a firmware that i didn’t know was necessary to get the J106 working.

In the installation instruction, we need to be in the ~/Jetpack_3.3/64_TX1/Linux_for_Tegra/etc… directory.

Installation guide :
flash_via_Jetpack3.3.txt (2.3 KB)

but i can’t find it, and my Jetpack version in the /etc/nv_tegra_release is :
R32 (release), REVISION 4.4.

Do i need to downgrade my jetpack version ?

If the manufacturer has not released a more recent version, then probably you will need to downgrade. You could ask the manufacturer if there is a more recent release.

FYI, here is a list of releases you might be interested in (by L4T release and by JetPack release):
https://developer.nvidia.com/linux-tegra
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetpack

You could ask the manufacturer if there is a more recent release

Already done, but haven’t got an answer yet.

probably you will need to downgrade

.I will try it, thanks for your answer !

I am just adding more details if someone have the same issue. RidgeRun support told me that they already worked with this issue and they managed to fix the USB stability issues by modifying the kernel with a Jetpack 4.2.2 version, with something close to applying the patch at this link. (Be sure to select the correct Jetson TX version)

1 Like