Cant install Workbench AI behind firewall (ZScaler certificate)

Please provide the following info (tick the boxes after creating this topic):

Submission Type
Bug or Error
Feature Request
Documentation Issue
Question
Other

Workbench Version
Desktop App v0.44.8
CLI v0.21.3
Other

Host Machine operating system and location
Local Windows 11
Local Windows 10
Local macOS
Local Ubuntu 22.04
Remote Ubuntu 22.04
Other

When I try to install it I got

No internet connection

The Workbench installer requires internet access. Verify your connection and try again.

Checking the main.log I can see this error:

[2024-03-22 10:54:53.601] [info] (main) serving C:\Program Files\NVIDIA AI Workbench\resources\app.asar\dist\renderer\5b46e7f86da9e10a06ee.svg
[2024-03-22 10:54:53.820] [error] (check-connection) FetchError: request to https://www.nvidia.com/ failed, reason: unable to get local issuer certificate
at ClientRequest. (C:\Program Files\NVIDIA AI Workbench\resources\app.asar\dist\main\main.js:2:336382)
at ClientRequest.emit (node:events:514:28)
at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (node:_http_client:501:9)
at TLSSocket.emit (node:events:514:28)
at emitErrorNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:151:8)
at emitErrorCloseNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:116:3)
at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:82:21)
[2024-03-22 10:54:53.831] [info] (renderer) SERVICE: internetAvailableCheck(), CHANNEL: check_connection

I tried setting the environment variable NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS pointing to the ZScaler cert (tried with .crt and .pem) but it still doesn’t work.

Appreciate any support.

Regards,
Marco

@dkleissas

Hi Marco,

We want to support this kind of use case, and what you did “should” have solved the issue.

Do you have time to hop on a call so we can learn more about the issue and hopefully solve it for you?

Thanks,
Tyler

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the follow up and sorry for the delay. Sure we can have a call to review the issue and what I have done so far.

Please let me know when.

Regards,
Marco