Can't retrieve skeleton data with synthetic data recorder

Hello Community,

I’ve encountered an issue while trying to access the skeleton_data of built-in characters in Isaac Sim. Upon execution, I receive the following error message:

2023-06-09 04:37:33 [1,265,659ms] [Error] [omni.graph.core.plugin] /Render/PostProcess/SDGPipeline/RenderProduct_Replicator_skeleton_data: Assertion raised in compute - Unable to write from unknown dtype, kind=O, size=8

The error seems to be rooted at line 403 in the compute function of the OgnGetSkeletonData.py script. Additionally, it also appears while executing the setattr function in the OgnGetSkeletonDataDatabase.py and database.py scripts.

In an attempt to solve the issue, I referenced this forum post: Synthetic Data Recorder skeleton_data. Following the suggestions provided, I tried upgrading my replicator version from 1.7.8 to at least 1.9.6, but the Isaac Sim extension manager shows my current version as the latest available one. I couldn’t find an alternative way to upgrade it.

I also made an effort to annotate the skeleton and its joints using the Semantics Schema Editor, without any noticeable improvement. Interestingly, I am able to successfully extract skeleton_data for one character, “worker.usd”, which seems to have additional property attributes related to its skeleton.

I’m reaching out to seek advice on how to effectively extract skeleton data from other characters as well. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Hi there,

indeed replicator v1.9.6+ should have a fix for this. If using Isaac Sim the next release will ship with a newer replicator version. If not bound on using Isaac Sim you can try if Code / USD Composer have a newer extension version with the fix included.

Best,
Andrei