Cloud remote connection options for Jetson Nano

Hi

I wanted to know what are the options available for connecting the jetson nano from remote. I tried installing VNC but there was not package I found for ARM64. Raspberry pi is ARMHF version and there is a package available for it.
I also tried installing other alternatives like, team viewer, log me in, any desk but nothing seems to work for this.

I wanted to how can I control the jetson nano installed at a remote site from my office.?

Thanks

Do you need UI? ssh can remote control your nano with command mode.

Hi ShaneCCC

I understand that I can use ssh to control the nano, but yes UI is also needed. Any options for UI.?

Thanks

Have a try ubuntu remote desktop.

The link you mentioned seems to work only if both nano and other system is on the same network. My question is regarding cloud remote connections which I can access from anywhere I want. VNC has a cloud vnc option into which we can sign in and can access the system from anywhere we want but unfortunately they do not have anything for ARM64.

Is there any other alternatives for cloud remote connections.?

Sorry, I don’t have idea for your use case.

you can try remoteVNC.
however I also highly suggest u just remote terminal. remote desktop is quite taxing on cpu, wifi, etc.

Hi tensorfvortexpro

Can you give me link to remoteVNC. I didnt find any VNC package for ARM64.

Thanks

I just tried vino and it works ok. I’m using a cheap 5 dollar usb wifi rn, the graphic is slow but workable on low color setting.

vino
Vino is the default VNC server in Ubuntu to share your existing desktop with other users.

To configure vino from within GNOME, go to System > Preferences > Remote Desktop

To set vino to request access each time, tick Allow other users to view your desktop in the Remote Desktop configuration window.

There's no way to set vino to only listen for the next connection.
To set a password, tick Require the user to enter this password:, and enter a hard-to-guess password.

To put vino in view-only mode, untick Allow other users to control your desktop.

To only allow local connections, open a terminal and run the command:

gsettings set org.gnome.Vino network-interface lo 
To allow connections from anywhere, open a terminal and run the command:

gsettings reset org.gnome.Vino network-interface

And for client I used VNC Viewer on windows.

Does Vino provide cloud connections.? On the same network I can access nano UI from Vino->VNC but cloud connections are not possible I guess. Do you have any idea.?

Late reply but I recommend trying out NoMachine for ARM ARMv8 DEB ( https://www.nomachine.com/download/linux&id=30&s=ARM ) as an alternative to teamviewer.

I have used ssh -X over remote connections, and it works fine.
It sets up the X windows forwarding such that programs that you launch over the SSH shell connection end up on your desktop (as long as your desktop has an X server – on Windows, use something like MobaTerm or whatever.)

I’ve used https://remote.it for my accessing raspi network from remote locations and it worked well.

I would encourage to have a look at the ngrok solution

Please explain me the process…I have tried nomachine in Jetson tx2 but its not working.

The issue seems to consist of two parts:

1. there should be a public ip address
  2. there should be a client and a server application

There are many options for each of the two.
Moreover, some options are complex and would address both steps.

Do you have the first step implemented?
second?
both?
neither of the two?

Are you trying to use any solution which will work and provide GUI remote desktop access?
Is your choice limited to some specific solution?
Are there any other constraints?

There are some tips on setting up nomachine on the Nano on nomachine’s website. https://www.nomachine.com/AR02R01074