Remote Desktop Solution for Jetson

I am looking for stable and reliable remote desktop solution to access my Jetson over cloud/internet (not LAN only). So far, I have tried:

1. TeamViewer Host for RPi: Works only when installed, but when reboot, the daemon crashes every time. Not usable
  2. Anydesk for RPi: libbcm_host.so: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory
  3. NoMachine: Works fine over LAN, but not accessible over Internet
  4. Chrome remote desktop: There is no arm64 build

For the last 6 months, I am seriously looking for a good remote desktop solution but not found anything good. Please help me find one.

Hi,

We officially provide Vino as VNC tool. Maybe other users could share their experience.

I have tried to use the default gnome Desktop Sharing (vino) but it says “Desktop sharing support not installed”

I am able to setup Vino ad running following this article: Jetson Nano -Remote VNC Access. In this story, I will run you through… | by Bharath Sudharsan | Medium

But when I login from my desktop to Xavier using Remmina, the nvidia logo appears and then suddenly crashes!!

Hi,

What you really need to do is

1. Restore to default jetapck setup
  2. export DISPLAY=:0
  3. gsettings set org.gnome.Vino enabled true
  4. gsettings set org.gnome.Vino prompt-enabled false
  5. gsettings set org.gnome.Vino require-encryption false
  6. /usr/lib/vino/vino-server

Sorry, but this makes no sense.

Could you give more description about why you think it makes no sense?

You don’t want to use Vino?

It would be better to share what difficulties you have rather that just saying something like “it cannot help” or “it makes no sense”.

after enabling vino service
it breaks the integrity of xrandr, as it seems to me in a weird way so that from ssh conenction it wouldn’t show outputs anymore

xrandr
Can't open display 
/usr/lib/vino/vino-server
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Cannot open display: 
Run 'vino-server --help' to see a full list of available command line options

before installing vino to autostart/ enabling related settings xrand would work straight out of the flashing;
Which might be the cause?

1 Like

Hi! In the end, which soiftware did you choose?

myself I prefer x2go
but it has certain issues with GL rendering
for such cases we use vnc/ vino

Hi! For the vnc/vino, I presume you are referring to the following link. If jetson uses the IP of 192.167.X.Y, then this means the connecting PC and jetson are in the same network, right? I am planning to connect from remote access. Can vnc/vino connect from remote access?

For X2go, which set up did you choose for Jetson?

@chantzeleong
please use ngrok to throw up a tunnel to the external Internet so that any port you wish could be used with any software solution for desktop access.
Otherwise external public ip address might be required in order to access the device from outside the local network

Can you please explain how? Many users will be benefited by this information. Tks

@fcomg_e
looky here https://ngrok.com/

IMHO this is the best i have used!

1 Like