Command not found

Hi,

I’ve just donwloaded and installed a trial version of PGI workstation: the installation (Ubuntu 12.10 x64) returned no errors and I can see the files in the standard directory. I’ve installed the program as root (sudo ./install) and set my license key using the environmental variable (export LM_LICENSE_FILE=path to the .dat folder)

Problem is if I type pgcc (or any other compiler command) the shell returns a “No command found”, how’s it? Do I need to source the commands? Do something else? Did I miss a step?

Thanks for any advice,

Federico

I stand corrected: I’ve been able to source the commands, but when I try to compile something (like NetCDF libraries) the ./configure says that the C compiler does not work and cannot create executables…

Hi FedericoC,

Do I need to source the commands? Do something else? Did I miss a step?

The compiler’s bin directory needs to be in your PATH environment variable. Please see Chapter 4, Step 3 of the Installation Instruction in: PGI Documentation Archive for Versions Prior to 17.7.

the ./configure says that the C compiler does not work and cannot create executables…

While this could be caused by many reasons, the first step is to make sure you can compile a simple program, such as the following:

% cat hello.c 
#include <stdio.h>
void main () {
   printf("HELLO\n");
}
% pgcc hello.c
% a.out
HELLO

Let me know if you see any errors. If not, then the problem is with how you have NetCDF configured, for which this guide may be helpful.

Best Regards,
Mat