Controllers for wheeled robots - Isaac Lab

Hi everyone,

I’m using Isaac sim to train a wheeled robot.
I would like to know if there are available controllers for wheeled robots in here (e.g. a differential controller).

Thank you!

Here is a link for reference: Wheeled Robots [omni.isaac.wheeled_robots] — isaac_sim 4.2.0-rc.17 documentation

Hi,

Thank you!

When I import the package from omni.isaac.wheeled_robots.controllers import DifferentialController, I get the following error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'omni.isaac.wheeled_robots'

Why is it?

Closing note — the ModuleNotFoundError and how to fix it:

The extension needs to be explicitly enabled before importing. In Isaac Lab / standalone scripts, extensions are not auto-loaded like they are in the Isaac Sim GUI.

Isaac Sim 4.5+ (module was renamed):

  from isaacsim.core.utils.extensions import enable_extension                                                                                                                                                                                      
  enable_extension("isaacsim.robot .wheeled_robots")                                                                                                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  from isaacsim.robot.wheeled_robots.controllers import DifferentialController                                                                                                                                                                     

Isaac Sim 4.1–4.2 (original module name):

  from omni.isaac.core.utils.extensions import enable_extension                                                                                                                                                                                    
  enable_extension("omni.isaac.whe eled_robots")                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  from omni.isaac.wheeled_robots.controllers import DifferentialController                                                                                                                                                                         

Available controllers: DifferentialController, HolonomicController, AckermannController, WheelBasePoseController, plus QuinticPolynomial path planner and stanley_control.

Updated docs: https://docs.isaacsim.omniverse.nvidia.com/latest/robot_setup/ext_isaacsim_robot_wheeled_robots.html