Could not detect Nvidia Jeson device connected to USB when I try to Install SDK components on my Jet...

when I try to Install SDK components on my Jetson TX2, The SDK Manager says “Could not detect Nvidia Jeson device connected to USB when Install SDK components on my Jetson TX2”.

If TX2 in recovery mode, SDK Manager Cannot connect to the device via SSH.
If TX2 is running ubuntu, SDK Manager Could not detect Nvidia Jeson device connected to USB.

It seems that SDK Manager need both of Networking(SSH) and USB, and they are mutually exclusive.

Did any body meet the same problem? And how to solve it?

Hi jiangjixiang,

Please try using eth0 ip address to install SDK components.
Change the usb devices ip to eth0 ip address, then enter the username and password to start install SDK components.

Do you mean using HOST eth0 and its username and password?

Do you mean using HOST eth0 and its username and password?

Hi jiangjixiang,

Using TX2 eth0 ip address instead of default usb device ip (192.168.55.1).

FYI, normal flash is with the TX2 in recovery mode and the flash does not use ethernet/ssh at all. Once flash completes you do the one time login via the TX2 local GUI to set up name/pass. Once this is done the package install does not use recovery mode, and ssh then works over networking. Networking and recovery modes are mutually exclusive. Both are needed if you both flash and install packages, but only one is used at a time.

That is my problem.
And HOW can I install packages after flash OS completes?

Hi jiangjixiang,

You can install SDK components via sdkmanager.
Run the “sdkmanager” -> choose your “target device” and “install version” -> unselect Flash OS and select install “SDK components” -> Press enter to enter your eth0 ip address, username and password to start install sdk components.

Reference link: https://docs.nvidia.com/sdk-manager/install-with-sdkm-jetson/index.html

Also note that what you install via JetPack/SDK Manager has some options. You do not need to flash twice if you’ve already flashed (though probably you will have needed to do first boot of the Jetson to make sure the login account is there). Just make sure you uncheck flash and uncheck install of components to the host.