Data Recording Using Aurix Can

Hello,

We are trying to record CAN data using rig files and recorder Gui via Drive AGX Pegasus with dGPUs (E3550) which has Drive 10.0 Software installed

Operating System:

Linux tegra-ubuntu 4.14.102-rt53-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Fri Sep 20 16:23:45 PDT 2019 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Aurix Firmware:

SW Version: DRIVE-V5.1.6-E3550-EB-Aurix-With3LSS-ForHyperion-StepA-3.05.04
Complation date: Jun 25 2019, 14:25:36

When we are using socket.can drivers from Can 1&2 and/or Can 6&4 we can record data successfully. But when we are using Aurix can we can see the messages with “sample-canbus-interpreter” but recorder fails to record the data.

Error occurs as follows:

1. We run recorder gui with required json file.
  2. Recorder sees the storage.
  3. Recorder successfully calculates sensor statistics shows how much kb/s will be recorded.
  4. Then when I press “Start recording” button it says failure and gives the following error in terminal:
    Error: one of the recorders abruptly exited!recorder-qtgui: recorderSendCmd: failure!
    Error: timeout unable to stop recorder2 gracefully!

Rig file I am using as follows:

{
            "name": "can:SRR",
            "nominalSensor2Rig_FLU": {
                "roll-pitch-yaw": [
                ],
                "t": [
                ]
            },
            "parameter": "ip=10.42.0.146,bus=c,config-file=/path/to/EasyCanConfigFile_SRR.conf",
            "properties": null,
            "protocol": "can.aurix"
        }

I thank you in advance,

Best

Hi otemiz1,

Does sample_canbus_logger work with the same aurix can? Does recorder-qtgui recording only the CAN data (defined in the conf file) work?

Hello VickNV,

Yes sample_canbus_logger works with the same aurix can and at the moment I am trying to record only one CAN data.

Thank you in advance

Best

Hello VickNV,

Do you have any idea about this issue because It still persists and we are unable to solve it.

Thank you,

Best,

May I know if recorder-qtgui recording only the CAN data (defined in the conf file) works?

Yes recorder-qtgui recording only the CAN data. And I am able to collect same data when using socket CAN.

Thank you,

Best.

Sorry. Let me rephrase my question; you said sample_canbus_logger works with aurix can. Does recorder-qtgui recording only the same aurix can work? If not, please provide the command and relevant files you are using.

1. Yes, sample_canbus_logger works with aurix can.
  2. Yes, recorder-qtgui recording only the same aurix can work. There is no other sensor.

Does the issue only happen with both “can.socket” and “can.aurix” existing in rig file? Could you provide your command and narrowed down rig file for our reproducing?

Hello VickNV,

1. Issue does not appear when I record the exact same CAN network using the socketCAN.

2. When I am using aurix CAN I am able to see sensor statistics but problem occurs when I press start recording button.

3. My recorder command for socketCAN and aurix can respectively:
    /path/to/recorder/recorder-qtgui /path/to/rig/canbus.json
    /path/to/recorder/recorder-qtgui /path/to/rig/aurix-record.json

Rig file for aurix recorder:

{
    "rig": {
        "sensors": [
             {
                "name": "can:SRR34",
                "nominalSensor2Rig_FLU": {
                    "roll-pitch-yaw": [
                    ],
                    "t": [
                    ]
                },
                "parameter": "ip=10.42.0.146,bus=e,config-file=/home/nvidia/EasyCanConfigs/EasyCanConfigFile_SRR.conf",
                "properties": null,
                "protocol": "can.aurix"
            }        
        ],
            "vehicle": {...

We haven’t tested the recording tools with Aurix CAN. But per below topic, on DRIVE Software 9.0, the developer was able to record Aurix CAN with “recorder” tools (instead “recorder-qtgui”). Though he still hit playback speed issues with “replayer” tool.

We will inform you here once we decided to support Aurix CAN recording with our recording tools.

Moreover, below topic is an example of a short-term alternative for your problem; the developer was using USB to CAN device. FYR.