CAN interface hardware usage for additional CAN sockets

Hi there,
We are planning to use multiple RADARs that each require dedicated CAN sockets. Since only two of the CAN buses(CAN2, CAN6) are directly accessible from Xaviers, we are planning to use CAN interface hardware for additional CAN sockets (maybe similar to this one). I came here to ask about if anyone used such a tool and whether they had driver problems etc. If so, how did you connected (via M.2, or Mini-SAS).
Additionally, I inspected Confused about CAN stuff: mttcan, mttcan-ivc and nvhvseccan - DRIVE 4.1.8.0 - #3 by hartkopp and have similar questions which isn’t answered in that topic such as whether can aurix drivers provide socketcan interface etc.
Thanks in advance, platform information is as follows:

Hardware Platform: NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGXSystem (E3550)
Software Version: DRIVE Software 10
Host Machine Version: native Ubuntu 18.04
SDK Manager Version: Example: 1.0.1.5538

Hi @ozzdemir,

Please refer to below docs for Aurix CAN.

• Easy CAN Usage” section in docs.
  • Drive_AGX_EB_AURIX_Software_UserGuide.pdf in ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DDPX/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-foundation/utils/scripts/DRIVE-V5.1.6-E3550-EB-Aurix.zip in your host system.

I saw Easy CAN Usage section of the documentation, there I could see that those 4 CAN channels are quite limited and require custom API (no socketcan) which does not help us since our sensor requires socketcan. I asked that additional question just to make things more clear, thx @VickNV. Also will check other pdf you mentioned but my priority is driver issues that might be seen when additional CAN hardware (from PCI) is used.

Hi,

any updates on using additional CAN interface hardware you mentioned? Did you run into any trouble?

We are thinking the same and are curious to hear of any experience with that.

Thanks,
Christian

Hi @cschro,
Due to this answer, we did not go with the M.2 option but a USB one.

Hi @cschro,
You can also refer to below topic. The developer suggested Kvaser. FYI.