[Debian 12 KDE + Nvidia Driver 550] After install nvidia drivers hybrid mode stop working. My bad or Nvidia Bug?

Hi.
Ok so this is my problem and I have no idea it is a bug kernel, Nvidia driver bug or my wrong decision.

I have a notebook [Lenovo Legion] with this spec:
Debian 12 Stable
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
Nvidia RTX 3060
Kernel 6.1.0-17-amd64

I am on the 6.1.0-17 kernel because I still can’t install Nvidia drivers on 6.1.0-18 from repository so I tried to install newest Nvidia drivers from official web page. And I did it but…Yes, there is a “but” I do not know where is the problem.
As you can see on my screenshot my drivers works perfectly on X.org and Wayland. HDMI works without problems. Rendering something in Blender also works great.

After I installed Nvidia 550 I can not enter to SDDM login screen after I change in BIOS settings from Discrete mode to Hybrid Mode. Always when I trying to enter Hybrid Mode my pc rebooting and stuck on black screen before SDDM shows up and nothing happen.

I only want to add I Installed Nvidia driver by tutorial on this page:

Also in installation Nvidia drivers says the installer can’t download and install 32bit libraries.

So I would like to know where I made a mistake? Or maybe it depends of that missing 32bit libraries? Or maybe after I installed newest Nvidia drivers I am force to using only a discrete mode?

Thank you for time reading this.
Regards.

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (861.3 KB)

As U wish.

Please delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf
It’s an nvidia-only config so hybrid won’t work.

1 Like

That’s what I thought.
Thank you very much for help. I own you twice @generix. Now everything works.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.