DeepStream 6.2 - Composer cannot access file directory

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) - GPU
• DeepStream Version - 6.2-devel
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) - 525.89.02
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) Possible Bug.
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)

Followed docker approach on -
https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/graphtools-docs/docs/text/GraphComposer_Getting_Started.html#launch-graph-composer

docker pull nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:6.2-devel
xhost +
docker run -it --entrypoint /bin/bash --gpus all --rm --network=host -e DISPLAY=${DISPLAY} -v /tmp/.X11-unix/:/tmp/.X11-unix --privileged -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:6.2-devel
composer

• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

Your composer is running inside docker container. You should share the directory you want to visit through docker “run” command.

E.G. If I want composer to access /home/nvidia directory, the docker command should be
docker run -it --entrypoint /bin/bash --gpus all --rm --network=host -e DISPLAY=${DISPLAY} -v /tmp/.X11-unix/:/tmp/.X11-unix --privileged -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /home/nvidia:/home/nvidia nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:6.2-devel

Hi, I am sorry for the confusion. I dont want to access my directories in host but the files provided by nvidia in the container. These files are already baked into the container by nvidia . For example, accessing samples provided by nvidia in dir

/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/reference_graphs/deepstream-test3

See the below pics. The container has the above path. I am encountering some error when running sample deepstream-test3.yaml reference graph, but thats a separate issue.

However, in composer, no such paths are accessible. I have tried changing paths manually in location bar, clicking on My Computer, Changing file filter below from “yaml files” to “all files”, etc. None of this working.

Error in console logs of composer.

I can reproduce the issue. We are investigating this problem. Will be back if there is any progress.

1 Like

This is a known issue. Please input the filepath at the bottom of the filepicker window.
Please read the note here: Application Workflow — DeepStream 6.2 Release documentation

3 Likes

Dear Fiona Chen,
Thank you for the resolution.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.