Device tree changes for USB3-0 device mode Support in Jetson TX2 NX

Hi All,

I would like to configure USB3.0 pins of NVIDIA Jetson TX2 NX in the device mode.I already asked the possibility of device mode support in USB3.0 in the below link

As per this we can enable usb 3.0 device mode support in jetson TX2 NX if we have proper hardware and device tree changes.
we are making our own custom carrier Board and the usb 3.0 connections to the type c connector will be as below
nvidia_usb.drawio
What all changes should be done in the device tree to enable the device mode support in the USB 3.0.Kindly help me
Thanks in Advance

Hi,

I am not sure if you know what yourself just posted.

Your “we are making our own custom carrier Board and the usb 3.0 connections to the type c connector will be as below” only shows the data line of this usb port. Actually, this is the least important info to check here…

The type C usb port has other components too and those things are more important than your data line connection.

Take Xavier AGX’s type C port here. We have cc pins to control the role here. Is your design using anything similar here?

Hi @WayneWWW ,

Yes .we are also using similar logic.I am attaching the overall block diagram .Kindly go through it.

please refer to the jetson AGX Xavier adaptation guide document to know how to add extcon nodes to your device tree.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-3261/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/adaptation_and_bringup.html#
Only AGX Xavier document has the example of type C controller.

Hi @WayneWWW ,

Thank you . Let me check

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.