Disappeared siglan from HDMI

Hi guys. My Nano 2Gb worked great after reflushing for some time, but today when I turned it on, it turned out that the HDMI signal was missing. The card itself works, but in a strange video mode. I have installed VNC earlier, so can to connect to it. Screen resolution in VNC is very low, like 640x480, and therefore, i think, HDMI monitor don’t work. But why HDMI monitor not start on board reboot? (moment with Nvidia logo). Also “Monitor setting” window not appear when I tried open it in “Preferences” → “Motitor settings”.
Please help me fix this. Thanks.

Can you share dmesg of current situation?

Here. Thank you for participating.
dmesg.txt (53.3 KB)

Are you sure there is a HDMI connected when you dump the log?

Yes, I tried several cables. But monitor source not HDMI while dmseg executing.

What monitor source is that ? Can you plug a HDMI one and dump the log?

Since your topic title is for HDMI, we should check HDMI first.

Jetson was plugged to monitor hdmi input. I connected to Jetson via VNC from PC which plugged to monitor DVI.

Ok, repeated dmseg with situation where only Jetson connected to monitor via hdmi.
dmesg.txt (53.4 KB)

Oh… there is no need to care about what monitor are in use on your PC… it does not matter.

The new log still has no HDMI driver log. Please just keep current situation, do a hotplug to remove the HDMI cable and plug it back, immediately dump the dmesg again.

If there is no new log coming, then the HDMI port is probably broken… I mean hardware defect.

Since your issue “suddenly” happened, and if you didn’t change anything in kernel, then it is hardware issue.

Please just keep current situation, do a hotplug to remove the HDMI cable and plug it back, immediately dump the dmesg again.

dmesg.txt (53.4 KB)

Since your issue “suddenly” happened, and if you didn’t change anything in kernel, then it is hardware issue.

Yes, nothing changed in the software. Also, the board physically did not moved.

You don’t even see the NV logo during the boot up, right?

Yes

Please decide whether you want to RMA this board or not. It should be hardware defect.

1 Like

Thank you. I will read about RMA and write here tomorrow.

Local seller agreed to exchange Jetson. Thank you again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.