Hello, I’m trying to use the Orin Dev kit for DNN video encoding/decoding and transmission tests. The program is separated into a client and a server.
- The server reads images from a USB camera, loads it onto GPU, uses a DNN encoder to create two tensors(~200kB), and finally sends them through NIC.
- The client side will receive them and run a decoding process.
I found the
copy process from GPU ram to user space VA is very slow (~20ms), and the tensor will be copied again into socket buffer. Then I found the GPUDirect RDMA doc, and wondered if it can help.
And I want to know whether the NIC on AGX Orin support RDMA, and how can I use it.
- Hardware: Jetson AGX Orin Dev kit
- Jetson Pack Version: 5.0.2
- Linux Distro: Ubuntu 20.04