Does Tx2 have any internal audio codec?

Hi

I am using Tx2 module and we want to interface magnetic speaker with Tx2. do I need an external audio codec to interface it?
Or Tx2 has internal audio codec support and I only need to connect poweramp and I am good to go.

Thanks

HI abhinav.ranjan,

Please refer to Audio Setup and Development section from L4T document: Welcome — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation

Hi kayccc,

Thanks for the link.

I went through the link but what’s still not clear is that if TX2 can be directly interfaced with a digital poweramp which is driving a speaker or we need an external audio codec to be interfaced with TX2.

Thanks

Hello!

What input does the digital poweramp you are looking at require? The only digital outputs on TX2 are the DSPK (digitial speaker) and I2S interfaces.

Regards,
Jon

Hi Jon

The Poweramp we are planning to use is PDM based.

For reference you can see MAX98358.

With Warm Regards,
Abhinav Ranjan
Hardware Design Engineer
VVDN Technologies Pvt Ltd
www.vvdntech.com

Hello!

The DSPK interface produces a PDM output and so potentially you could use this to interface with the maxim device. I recommend that you review the electrical specifications of both the Tegra DSPK and maxim device to ensure that they are compatible.

Regards,
Jon

Thank you Jonathan.

Does nVIDIA have a recommended list of eMMC for TX2 ?

Please let me know.

Hello!

I recommend you start a new forum post for this question so that the appropriate person is assigned to answer.

Thanks!
Jon