Drive Core - Support HW / GNSS+INS - Novatel

As it is stated on Drive core’s supported hw page. NovAtel: Differential GPS SPAN-IGM is supported by Drive Core but it is not stated which version of GPS SPAN IGM. There are two different models A1 and S1. Does it make any difference to pick either of them ? Which model of SPAN IGM shall pick specifically?

Best Regards,

Cagatay

Dear csari3,

Currently we supports A1 model for NovAtel: Differential GPS SPAN-IGM.
We will check and update S1 model support. Thanks.

Hello,

I would like to learn if I can use DGPS functionality of SPAN-IGM with nvidia driver software ?

Best Regards,

Dear csari3,

DriveWorks supports the NovAtel: Differential GPS SPAN-IGM A1.
Could you please let me know if you have any issue with the sensor? Thanks.

Sorry brothering you again. But I want to avoid making a mistake.
I am thinking of buying specific model SPN-IGM-A1-D2Q-RPR-TT0-S1. I think that It won’t be a problem since it is SPAN-IGM-A1. Or should we get a specific model ? I am not completely sure what the “D2Q-RPR-TT0-S1” extension is.

Dear csari3,

Could you let me know if there is any special features for SPAN-IGM-A1-D2Q-RPR-TT0-S1 you mentioned?
Because I saw one model in https://www.novatel.com/products/span-gnss-inertial-systems/span-combined-systems/span-igm-a1/ Thanks.

Hello Steve,

I asked if there was any special feature for that one to Novatel’s Technical Support. Actually I asked what exactly SPAN-IGM-A1-D2Q-RPR-TT0-S1 standed for. I am waiting for answer then as soon as I get the answer I will let you know. Thanks for the quick reply.

Here is the explanation of SPAN-IGM-A1-D2Q-RPR-TT0-S1 from Novatel’s model list:

Integrated SPAN receiver and ADIS16488 IMU in an Enclosure. Small lightweight enclosure with Analog
Devices MEMS IMU with SPAN OEM6 GNSS/INS engine. GPS plus GLONASS. Includes
OEM615-D2Q-RPR-TT0-S1.

I think that It won’t be a problem with Nvidia Drive’s driver. What do you think ?

Best Regards,

Dear csari3,

Will check and update it. Thanks.