Drivenet sample frame drops

Hi,

we started to write our own algorithms for Nvidia AGX, and we noticed there were a lot of frame drops in our code. We suspected that the main problem in pipeline was rendering of the cameras.

So we tried sample_drivenet, and saw that the results were the same, regarding the frame drops.
Is there some known issue regarding rendering, and how would you recommend to solve it?

Anja

Hi Anja,

thanks for reaching out to us.

I am wondering whether your camera configuration is correct since our DriveNet sample is well-tested and does not raise the errors you are describing.

Please use our recorder tool (see the documentation if needed) and capture a video of a few seconds with it. Then let me know if you are experiencing any issues, like e.g. frame drops.

If so, then we will have a closer look at your camera configuration and come back to the DriveNet sample eventually.

• Fabian

Hi,

we tried as you said and still the same. In attachment I’m sending you the picture of print screened terminal.

Hi,

opened a bug internally and will let you know as soon as we have more information.

Besides, could you please ensure to have updated on the newest Aurix version?

• Fabian

Hi Anja,

basically your issue boils down to two different points:

• One is, you are not using the dGPU and the iGPU is significantly slower. The AGX Pegasus platform is available right now, so you have the option to go that way.
  • Secondly, you are running in fp32 mode. In our latest release, we offer you the fp16 mode as well. Just use --help to see all available options.

We really appreciate your input to our forums. It really helps to improve our platform.

Please keep on going - Thanks a lot Anja!

• Fabian

Hi anja,

Could you also see if https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1045503/drive-agx/low-fps-in-sample_drivenet-testing-comparing-to-px2/post/5305179/#5305179 helps on this.