Embed custom meta-data (bounding boxes) into HLS video stream

I’d like to embed bounding boxes, labels, etc. into live video stream to optionally draw them thereafter on the client-side in web-browser and looking for a way how to do.

I completed Getting Started with DeepStream for Video Analytics on Jetson Nano course and learned how to work with NvDsBatchMeta in gst pipeline, at the same time couldn’t figure out whether I might use it on client-side.

Could you please give me a hint how to insert the meta-data “on fly” and which player might be used for it?

NvDsBatchMeta is only available in deepstream pipeline. I don’t understand what do you mean by
“to optionally draw them thereafter on the client-side in web-browser”.

Please refer to our sample codes. C/C++ Sample Apps Source Details — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation

Hi Fiona,

Thank you for your response.

I’d like to have some option letting a user to choose whether to draw bounding boxes over the video stream or no.
As well as I need to filter displayed bounding boxes by their attributes, e.g. confidence, size, etc. (also set of options present in a web-page)

I.e. the logic is to be implemented on client-side, the question is how to in-build such a meta-data into video stream and thereafter parse it on client side “on fly”.

I don’t understand what is your “client-side”? What is your protocol of the server/client?Do you want to use deepstream app as “server”? What kind of “server”?

As to HLS spec( rfc8216 (rfc-editor.org)) there is no such field to contain such information. And I don’t think this is related to deepstream.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.