Error CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version with JetPack installation on TX2

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to install CUDA 9.0 and CUDNN 7 on a Jetson TX2 with the JetPack version 3.3.

All the installation goes well, but when I copy the sample and compile deviceQuery and try to run it I guess an error. At the moment, I didn’t try to flash the Jetson just yet because I need it in a certain configuration right now. But in the next couple of weeks I’ll flash it but I’m afraid that I’ll still get the same issue. Anyway here’s the error :

“CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version”.

I assume that the problem is cause because of the version CUDA toolkit and the CUDA driver, but like I said I’ve installed it with the JetPack which is the most recommended option I’ve found regarding installing CUDA on the Jetson.

So my question is, how can I fix this error if it comes from the JetPack installation and that there’s no really other way to install CUDA on the Jetson TX2 ?

Also maybe some other information will help :

nvcc: NVIDIA ® Cuda compiler driver
Copyright © 2005-2017 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Sun_Nov_19_03:16:56_CST_2017
Cuda compilation tools, release 9.0, V9.0.252

Running Ubuntu 16.04
Kernel 4.4.38

Anything will help and thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Ludovic

Hi,

CUDA toolkit has several dependencies on the CUDA driver version.
You cannot mix-use the CUDA toolkit and driver which comes from different JetPack installer.

Please reflash your device and install the package all from the JetPack version.
And please let us know if this issue exists after the reflashing.

Thanks.

Thank you, the fix was to reflash the device.

Regards,

Ludovic