Error encountered when using minicom to connect aurix

**Hardware Platform:DRIVE AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit
**Software Version:DRIVE Software 9
**Host Machine Version:Ubuntu 16.04
**SDK Manager Version:0.9.12.4180

Hi,
I’m using the NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Xavier DevKit, and I cannot boot it since last Friday, both Xavier A and B. Its fans also didn’t work since that time.
At the begining, I thought there’s something wrong with the system in Xavier, so I tried to flash the board with sdkManager again. But when I tried to set it to recovery mode, I found that I can’t connect to Aurix.

I powered up the board and connected it to my host PC with usb3.0. when I entered “lsusb”, I saw

"Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:2807 Standard Microsystems Corp. "

but when I entered

“sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB3”

I didn’t connect to Aurix, it repeated priting

“IOHWABS_PWRUP_SEQUENCE_ERROR : PowerOn sequence encountered errors…
IOHWABS_PWRUP_SEQUENCE_ERROR : PowerOn sequence encountered errors…
IOHWABS_PWRUP_SEQUENCE_ERROR : PowerOn sequence encountered errors…”

so please tell me is there any step I missed? or my Xavier encountered some kinds of hardware issue ??

Hi @zhanganchun,

Please help to refer to below topic to read out voltage values by running “showvoltages” command in aurix console for our further checking. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Vick,
I’ve read the topic you attached, and you mentioned “Aurix console”. As it’s my first time trying to use minicom to connect Aurix, I’m not sure if I misunderstand you, in fact I cannot type in any command after I run
“sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB3” in my host’s terminal. Here’s what I got:

"Welcome to minicom 2.7

OPTIONS: I18n
Compiled on Nov 15 2018, 20:18:47.
Port /dev/ttyUSB3, 18:22:46

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

… "

I know from other topics that there should be a “shell” for me to input my command (which I think is “Aurix console” you mentioned), but there’s not…so I can’t input “showvoltages”…did I miss something obvious?

BTW, I’ve checked the version of kernel in my host PC, it’s 4.15.0-60, so I think it’s not the kernel’s fault……

If I didn’t expressed my question clearly please let me know, and really appreciate for your reply again!

Thanks for your reply!

So it seems also some problems in aurix console. Could you let me know the status of LED indicators (in below image from https://developer.nvidia.com/drive-agx-developer-kit-mechanical-installation-guide-di-08957-001-v09) after power-on?

Had you done anything specifically right before then?

Thanks for your reply, and here’s the status of those LED indicators after I powered on it:

hope that can help you find out the problem!

In fact XavierB often failed to boot for several weeks(not always), but we didn’t take it seriously, as most of our work developing on XavierA……XavierA always boot normally until that day. And I think we didn’t do anything specifically before in XavierA.

You can refer to “Flashing AURIX” topic (https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive_os_5.1.6.1L/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide/Flashing%20Basics/flashing_aurix.html#wwpID0E0LB0HA) and try if reflashing aurix firmware will help this. Please be careful not to erase the UCB sections accidentally. Which will brick the device.

Thanks Vick, I’ve read the topic from your link, but I’m still confused about some details about refreshing aurix firmware…
You know as I cannot boot my Xavier and I cannot connect to aurix console, it seems I can’t do the step “Flashing AURIX on Xavier” . So, should I follow “Creating the MCU Configuration File” to reflash aurix from a Windows host system? I’m trying to do so, but haven’t successfully connecting to the correct COM port yet.

Did you mean it failed at step #13?

Yes, it is. Here’s what my Infineon showing when I come to step #13:

I noticed those “(not ready)” which didn’t appeared in your instruction figures……so did that mean I missed something?
And if I click “Connect” anyway, I got:
图片2

And could you tell me where I can find the hex file which mentioned in step#14?? I don’t think I have found it……
Thanks for your patience!

We will check internally and get back to you. Thanks!

@zhanganchun,

Could you help to answer following questions? Thanks!

• When was the system purchased?
  • Has the system ever been used in a vehicle? If yes, please share power supply and GNDing diagram.
  • Which DSW is currently installed? I presume DRIVE Software 9.0 per the information in your first post.
  • Has the system ever been upgraded to DRIVE Software 10.0?
  • We bought it at June 2019…received it, more precisely.

• No, we didn’t use it in any vehicles before.

• Yes, DS9.0

• No, we haven’t do that upgrade for the system yet, it’s still 9.0

hope the information above can help you~

Hi, Vick, do you know if, I mean just in case, our Xavier has any hardware problem, can we get offline help at Shanghai China? My partner and I are little bit worrying about that……

@VickNV , I’ve submitted the problem we discussed here as a bug via “My account”->“My bugs”->“Submit a New Bug” , as what you told me to do.
And I just wondering when can I get a response of that “bug”? It’s half month past since I post this topic here, and my partners and I do need the system come back ASAP, so if you need more information or something to figure it out, just let me know, ok?