Aurix flashing failed after flashing DRIVE Software 10.0

DRIVE AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit, DRIVE AGX Pegasus™ Developer Kit
Example: DRIVE Software 10, DRIVE Software 9
Example: native Ubuntu 18.04
Example: 1.0.1.5538

Hello,

After successfully installed DRIVE software 10 on both xaviars using SDK Manager my Drive AGX board start reseting.
Then I figured out that I need to flash Aurix with .hex files that are complatible with DRIVE Software 10:
I used following two files and Infinion Memtool 4.8

DRIVE-V5.1.6-E3550-EB-Aurix-With3LSS-StepA-3.05.04.hex
DRIVE-V5.1.x-E3550-NV-Aurix-UPDATE-StepA-1.29.10.hex

since my board version is E3550: 699-63350-0001-500 B.2 RWO

I hope that I’m using proper hex files.

Aurix flashing fails on DF_UCBS when flashing second .hex (DRIVE-V5.1.x-E3550-NV-Aurix-UPDATE-StepA-1.29.10.hex)

I followed this procedure:
https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive_os_5.1.15.0L/drive-os/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide/Flashing%20Basics/flashing_aurix.html

So I turn here for help with the hope that we will find solution for my problem :).

Thaks in advance,
Nikola

Hi @nikola.ostojic,

Please help check current version with “version” command via the serial console (https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive_os_5.1.6.1L/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide/MCU%20Setup%20and%20Configuration/mcu_console_usage.html#).

I don’t know why it fails to flash. But have you noticed “When performing an upgrade, verify that the Xavier Jumper J44 is open.” in the documentation? Also it’s worth trying with the steps in “Flashing AURIX on Xavier” section in the documentation.

Hello.
Thanks for your answer.
Where is Jumper 44 located?

Hello again,

Everytime it fails on same spot:

here is flashing log:

my board version is E3550: 699-63350-0001-500 B.2 RWO

bin files:
DRIVE-V5.1.6-E3550-EB-Aurix-With3LSS-StepA-3.05.04.hex
DRIVE-V5.1.x-E3550-NV-Aurix-UPDATE-StepA-1.29.10.hex

If someone have some idea I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Nikola

This issue seems to only happen with Infinion Memtool 4.8 (new version).
Please try with not checking the “Eanble” checkbox to ignore UCB section for now. UCB does not change for long time so it’s ok to ignore it.

Important: In any case, do NOT click erase button to erase the UCB area. Once UCB is erased, the chip is dead.

Or do you have a chance to try it?

This issue seems to only happen with Infinion Memtool 4.8 (new version).
Please try with not checking the “Eanble” checkbox to ignore UCB section for now. UCB does not change for long time so it’s ok to ignore it.

Important: In any case, do NOT click erase button to erase the UCB area. Once UCB is erased, the chip is dead.

Or do you have a chance to try it?

May I know you are using v4.7 or v4.8?

I tried with both 4.7 and 4.8, with Enable checked and unchecked. I also didn’t add the blocks related to UCB and UPDATE was successfully finished. But the xaviars can’t start anyway and AURIX is in Target reset mode.

I found you created the similar topic in Feburary.

May I know if the system is never working after your receiving it?
What happened in between the system working and not working?
Thanks!

Yes , after posting topic from February I managed to flash the Aurix but now I have problem with locked UCB section whic is different problem.

Could you check if any relevant UART messages about this?

I don’t have access to uart since Aurix is in target reset mode.

Has it ever been working after you receiving the system (even before you flashing anything)? What happened in between the system working and not working? Was the system ever in a vehicle? Do you have any other system? Thanks!

Yes, it worked fine with Drive Software 9. Then I think that I locked BMHD1 section, probably I clicked on ‘Erase configuration’ button but i’m not sure about that. Then I used BMHD0 and still was able to flash .hex files from Drive Software 9 and everything worked fine even with that UCB_BMHD1 locked. Then when I tried to upgrade to newest version it fails on UCB section (described in comments above).
Thanks,
Nikola

Is “showvoltages” command available in your aurix console? If yes, could you help to provide the status by running it? If no, please refer to below post to flash IFW firmware and then get the status.

Yes, but how to copy anything on Tegra B if Tegra B doesn’t boot because Aurix is in target reset mode… I already described that in posts above… Thanks.

How do you tell you locked BMHD1 section?

Using 4.7 with the “Eanble” checkbox checked, can you flash successfully?

Yes, tried with 4.7 Enable checked and unchecked and also with 4.8 Enable checked and unchecked.
But now after multiple tries I can’t even connect to MCU…

Thanks,
Nikola