ERROR: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: [error]: : [exec_command]: /bin/bash -c /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP.sh; [error]:

i have a jetpack 4.2 in my xavier, and i want to flash a jetpack4.4 to remove the old one.
when i use sdkmanager to flash it, i got the following error.
i have connected xavier with host PC and set xavier to recovery mode

Bus 001 Device 018: ID 0955:7019 NVidia Corp.

can anybody help me?

17:44:18 INFO: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: Error: probing the target board failed.

17:44:18 INFO: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: Make sure the target board is connected through

17:44:18 INFO: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: USB port and is in recovery mode.

17:44:18 INFO: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: [ Component Install Finished with Error ]

17:44:18 INFO: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: [host] [ 0.00 B released. Disk Avail: 72.71 GB ]

17:44:18 INFO: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: [ NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP Install took 6s ]

17:44:18 ERROR: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: [error]: : [exec_command]: /bin/bash -c /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP.sh; [error]:

17:44:18 ERROR: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: command terminated with error

17:44:18 SUMMARY: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: First Error: Installation failed.

18:02:30 DEBUG: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: using adapter to install NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP@JETSON_AGX_XAVIER to /home/yang/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.4_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER

18:02:30 INFO: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: change working directory to /home/yang/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.4_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER/Linux_for_Tegra

18:02:30 INFO: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

18:02:30 INFO: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: # L4T BSP Information:

18:02:30 INFO: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: ###############################################################################

18:02:36 INFO: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: USB port and is in recovery mode.

18:02:36 ERROR: Flash Jetson AGX Xavier 16GB/32GB - flash: command terminated with error

You might want to try this command line flash (which is the most reliable method since it has fewer requirements, but it won’t add optional packages, e.g., no CUDA…but JetPack/SDKM can be run later and told to not flash, but to add optional packages). The command line I’m showing adds logging so you can post the flash log:

cd ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack...version.../Linux_for_Tegra
sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1 2>&1 | tee log_flash.txt

…then attach the log_flash.txt to the forum. This will avoid any kind of SDK Manager complication.

hi linuxdev.

i did as you told, and i got this error.
i can find NVidia Corp. use lsusb command

###############################################################################

L4T BSP Information:

R32 , REVISION: 4.3

###############################################################################
Error: probing the target board failed.
Make sure the target board is connected through
USB port and is in recovery mode.

Are you sure your usb cable is connected to the right usb type C port? Only one port on the carrier board is the flash port.

i use the usb type c beside the power led

The flash port is correct.

Basically, your problem is just same as another post. Maybe you can refer to it first.

thanks WayneWWW. i change a host PC and flash the OS successfully. However, when i flash the CUDA X AI, there is another error. i try 3 times, the progress bar always stop at 99%

It has nothing to do with flash anymore. You can file a new topic and share the full error log. Default path is under ~/nvsdkm.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.